DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are wanting to get DIRECTV HD. At their house they have 3 tvs hooked up to a Dual LNS 18' dish with a multiswitch installed in the crawl space of thier home. I had to run new wire last year so all of it is RG6 Solid copper quad shield from perfect vision. I have several questions. I only have 2 wires running to the home.

1. Will DIRECTV install a slimline on a pole if it is installed before they arrive? I will use a pole with 2" OD. set in concrete.

2. Willl it be a SWM SLimline?

3. If it is a Regular slimline will DIRECTV run 2 addittional lines to house and install a multiswitch for free?

4. Should I run 2 additional lines and install a HD compatible multiswithc b4 they arrive??

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
NCwolfpack said:
My parents are wanting to get DIRECTV HD. At their house they have 3 tvs hooked up to a Dual LNS 18' dish with a multiswitch installed in the crawl space of thier home. I had to run new wire last year so all of it is RG6 Solid copper quad shield from perfect vision. I have several questions. I only have 2 wires running to the home.

1. Will DIRECTV install a slimline on a pole if it is installed before they arrive? I will use a pole with 2" OD. set in concrete.

2. Willl it be a SWM SLimline?

3. If it is a Regular slimline will DIRECTV run 2 addittional lines to house and install a multiswitch for free?

4. Should I run 2 additional lines and install a HD compatible multiswithc b4 they arrive??
1. I don't see why not unless there is some line of sight issues.
2. No, 99.9% chance it will be a regular LNB. SWMLine LNBs are for NEW customers.
3. They should.
4. If you want to run the lines so they are the way you want, feel free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.