DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of installing a SWM8, I know that this is designed to support up to 8 tuners, but does that 8 include the 3 legacy ports? Or is it 8 tuners plus an additional 3 from the legacy ports for a total of 11 possible tuners?

thanks

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Michael D'Angelo;1762609 said:
There is 8 SWM tuners and 3 legacy tuners for a total of 11.
And note that an SWM will not deliver Ka band over the legacy ports. That means no MPEG-4 HD (including locals) over those ports.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
veryoldschool said:
Ka-hi DOES come out the legacy ports fine. [been there, done that, know that]
So those ports are fully functional for HD?

I read this info on here I thought, and I guess I got it wrong. I don't like to spread wrong info, so I appreciate the correction.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
flipptyfloppity said:
So those ports are fully functional for HD?

I read this info on here I thought, and I guess I got it wrong. I don't like to spread wrong info, so I appreciate the correction.
KA hi works off the legacy outputs. Only the markets that receive their HD locals from Spaceway 1 & 2.

KA lo does not work off of the legacy outputs. All of the national MPEG4 HD channels and any market that receive HD locals from D10 or D11.

· AllStar
84 Posts
I will say that my HR10-250 continues to receive the same channels as before since I went from a multiswitch setup at my old house to the SWM setup at my new house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.