DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,991 Posts
Why there isn't an option to defeat this is beyond me. How hard could that be to implement?
Because the streaming service doesn't want you give you that option. The provide the content and they provide the app that you use to watch it.

I can live with two button presses but it may be more "gymnastic" on other platforms (I'm thinking that Apple TV sometimes makes operations more obtuse due to their jones for gestures). The other option is to not have readable credits and possibly missing some late video content (i.e. gag reels).

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,991 Posts
I quit watching SyFy when they started using motion interpolation on their HD showings of The Twilight Zone, such that they all suffer from "soap opera effect."
This is the first real complaint about SyFy that I've seen in this thread. That said, The Twilight Zone was always pretty contrasty.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,991 Posts
I am aware of the videotaped episodes, but SyFy uses motion interpolation to smooth video (resulting in “soap opera effect”) on episodes that originated on film; it looks horrible, like if you turn on all the motion smoothing options on a newer TV.
While you're certain that's you've put your finger on the problem, I'm here to tell you that's largely the way some of the episodes looked back in the day.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,991 Posts
Streaming, why does everyone bring up streaming.. not everyone can do streaming stuff .
Because there's a lot of popular content that isn't available via conventional MVPDs.
Beyond sports there's a reason most of us still have DirecTV!
I doubt that. Most DIRECTV subscribers partake either due to inertia or because DIRECTV offers a small amount of programming (almost entirely sports-related) that isn't conveniently packaged elsewhere. Some can't get good broadband but a large majority can.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,991 Posts
Again streaming is NOT the answer for everyone.
Nobody said that it was nor did anyone dismiss those who aren't so fortunate.
There are plenty of users in rual areas who use DirecTV and have worse internet.
Absolutely, but they understand that streaming isn't an option for them and a relatively small community of others so they go on with their lives without feeling irresistibly compelled to summarily (and repeatedly) dismiss streaming at every conceivable opportunity.

We're all painfully aware that your broadband stinks on ice. You're complaining to the wrong audience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts