DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Icon
2,147 Posts
So on the topic. We all love our DVRs and these advertising bugs are a direct result of us fast forwarding past commercials. Networks and advertisers needed to find a way to advertise to use while we are actually WATCHING. So you saw an increase in advertising bugs, in product placement and other forced methods of advertising other than ad breaks. The more recent example is these 15 second spots in half your screen during sporting events, in between pitches, between plays of football game and so forth. Can't FF past those, might miss something. So that's the price we pay for skipping ads. I can deal with it. The worst ones though are the ones that take up a 1/3 of your screen (toward the bottom) that are animated and completely distracting. I don't mind the little bugs like what's shown in this thread, but those big ones are horrible. Oh, and one more advertising trick they use now during sporting events. On the field super imposed ads. I see it on the pitchers mound during baseball and on the glass during hockey. Again, I'm so used to it I don't even notice it enough to bug me, but they are there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts