DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I quit watching SyFy channel a long time ago because of on-screen graphics. If they have a show worth watching, which is rare, I wait until it is available on a streaming service, where I can watch a nice clean video, free of annoyances. Same for shows on the broadcast TV networks. I watch them on streaming services, uninterrupted and free of graphics overlays.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Best bet is to not watch SyFy channel at all. If they have a show you want to see, wait and watch it on a streaming service. I've heard good things about "Resident Alien", but I would never consider watching it on SyFy. I will probably watch it on Peacock at some point, where I can watch it free of ads and on-screen graphics.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
This is a frustrating practice that has spread to almost every type of delivery platform. Even streaming services now employ this, though you can usually restore the credits to full-screen by grabbing the remote and doing some gymnastics, as the "shrinking" is done in the device that's being used for viewing. Why there isn't an option to defeat this is beyond me. How hard could that be to implement?
Shrinking the credits is something Netflix started. They got a ton of complaints and changed it in newer versions of the app so that you see a small pop-up in the lower corner of the screen that lets you choose, while the credits continue to run full-screen. The other services copied Netlix but they are slow to change.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Agree I see the shrink credits in some of the premium channels too , like starz will use the credits to advertise their shows ... or mabye im think of shows (not movies )

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Starz has a history of split-screen credits, channel bugs, and other on-screen graphics that are not typically seen on premium channels. That's one of the reasons (limited content worth paying for is another) I don't subscribe to Starz any longer. When I had Starz as part of the Premier package on DirecTV, I would sometimes watch movies on PPV if I knew they were going on Starz. It is a pathetic excuse for a premium channel and I hope it goes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts