3,496 Posts
No other "broadband " (>25mbps) option

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Icon
3,496 Posts
I'm tired of reading about streaming this and streaming that

I enjoy my DirecTV .

Don't like buffering the fuzzy picture or the blurry images (via streaming) . I tried watching a wnba game on prime the other day picture was complete trash. Even hard wired connection

But anyways back to syfi channel and annoying tv bugs

And streaming is not the answer for everyone

Reactions: MysteryMan

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
I'm tired of reading about streaming this and streaming that

I enjoy my DirecTV .

Don't like buffering the fuzzy picture or the blurry images (via streaming) . I tried watching a wnba game on prime the other day picture was complete trash. Even hard wired connection

But anyways back to syfi channel and annoying tv bugs

And streaming is not the answer for everyone
Streaming, why does everyone bring up streaming.. not everyone can do streaming stuff .
You're the one that interrupts every thread complaining about DOCSIS and your internet service every time streaming is brought up. When people try to help you...you get defensive. Your internet service problems does not seem likely in your example. You only need 8 MBPS to watch an HD Stream from DirecTV Stream and that is a high bitrate for most services. I think Netflix and Youtube TV only require about 5 MBPS for their HD feeds so you are telling us you can't stream even one stream? Also a fuzzy or blurry picture is not the result of inadequate internet service. As others have told you. You need to address the problem. Complaining about it on an internet forum is not going to resolve the issue for you.

·
Icon
3,496 Posts
Again streaming is NOT the answer for everyone.
There are plenty of users in rual areas who use DirecTV and have worse internet .

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This is a frustrating practice that has spread to almost every type of delivery platform. Even streaming services now employ this, though you can usually restore the credits to full-screen by grabbing the remote and doing some gymnastics, as the "shrinking" is done in the device that's being used for viewing. Why there isn't an option to defeat this is beyond me. How hard could that be to implement?
Shrinking the credits is something Netflix started. They got a ton of complaints and changed it in newer versions of the app so that you see a small pop-up in the lower corner of the screen that lets you choose, while the credits continue to run full-screen. The other services copied Netlix but they are slow to change.

·
Super Moderator
53,878 Posts
Shrinking credits is something broadcast and cable channels have been doing for decades ... along with speeding up the credits and removing them entirely. On a linear channel the shrinkage cannot be undone - it is part of the video feed where the channel splits the screen to promote the next movie or upcoming shows. On some channels they would start the next program during the overlap. The style was eventually adopted by streamers.

I don't see it on "PPV" content where one has paid specifically to view that movie, but I do see it on channels and streamers where one pays a flat monthly fee for all the content they can consume. The lower the fee for the channel or service the more likely that one will not be able to see every frame of the content without interruption.

·
Icon
3,496 Posts
Agree I see the shrink credits in some of the premium channels too , like starz will use the credits to advertise their shows ... or mabye im think of shows (not movies )

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,415 Posts
Streaming, why does everyone bring up streaming.. not everyone can do streaming stuff .
Because there's a lot of popular content that isn't available via conventional MVPDs.
Beyond sports there's a reason most of us still have DirecTV!
I doubt that. Most DIRECTV subscribers partake either due to inertia or because DIRECTV offers a small amount of programming (almost entirely sports-related) that isn't conveniently packaged elsewhere. Some can't get good broadband but a large majority can.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,415 Posts
Again streaming is NOT the answer for everyone.
Nobody said that it was nor did anyone dismiss those who aren't so fortunate.
There are plenty of users in rual areas who use DirecTV and have worse internet.
Absolutely, but they understand that streaming isn't an option for them and a relatively small community of others so they go on with their lives without feeling irresistibly compelled to summarily (and repeatedly) dismiss streaming at every conceivable opportunity.

We're all painfully aware that your broadband stinks on ice. You're complaining to the wrong audience.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Agree I see the shrink credits in some of the premium channels too , like starz will use the credits to advertise their shows ... or mabye im think of shows (not movies )

Starz has a history of split-screen credits, channel bugs, and other on-screen graphics that are not typically seen on premium channels. That's one of the reasons (limited content worth paying for is another) I don't subscribe to Starz any longer. When I had Starz as part of the Premier package on DirecTV, I would sometimes watch movies on PPV if I knew they were going on Starz. It is a pathetic excuse for a premium channel and I hope it goes away.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts