DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea as to when the Syracuse locals will go up on Dish? Will this happen after the launch of E8 or will it have to wait until after the merger?

John

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Syracuse has not been mentioned at all, but that doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. I get the feeling that it will have to wait until the merger, but Dish could add 10 to 15 more cities after they get E8 up and running.

·
Legend
178 Posts
My understanding is that Syracuse will be added if the merger is complete. Otherwise, I don't believe either provider will add this small market. I believe that Buffalo will be the first NY market added(upstate) with or without the merger.
I get Syaracuse channels via cable and it I was able to get them via Satellite, it would allow me to tell Time Warner to kiss my ----!

·
Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by minnow
My understanding is that Syracuse will be added if the merger is complete. Otherwise, I don't believe either provider will add this small market. I believe that Buffalo will be the first NY market added(upstate) with or without the merger.
I get Syaracuse channels via cable and it I was able to get them via Satellite, it would allow me to tell Time Warner to kiss my ----!
Fortunately, I live in a strong signal area and can receive Syracuse locals crystal clear with a roof antenna ... so I was able to tell Time Warner to kiss my *** when I got Dish back in 1999. However, it still would be nice to receive everything over satellite!

Thanks for your help and lets keep our fingers crossed that the merger is approved.

·
Legend
181 Posts
you'll prefer the PQ you get OTA if you are already getting a crisp clear PQ. The benefit of getting via sat, is if you have a sat pvr recorder like a 501. Because of must-carry you might get a small UHF station that you wouldnt get OTA also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.