DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished about four hours of troubleshooting my router setup with the T-Mobile Linksys WRTU54G-TM router and my HR 20s. I'm sorry to say it was nothing but bad news. If anybody has this working, I would love to hear about it. I currently have a 54G from Vonage that works great and an old T-Mobile hotspot router in bridge mode to run my cell phones. My HR20 would connect to the internet no problem.

When I removed the older routers and set up the @home router, the DVR would get all the IP info, but fail on the internet test. No amount of disabling the firewall, putting it in the DMZ, etc. would get the HR20 to connect. I threw the @home router into bridge mode, put the Vonage router in place, and everything works great.

I'll be calling T-Mobile/Linksys about this issue next week (I'm sure that will be fun!). It has to be something in the Linksys microcode that is borking out the HR20 connection. I also tried it pre and post CE tonight. No dice.

Anyone else have this new T-Mobile service and see this issue? :confused:

· Mentor
42 Posts
I set mine up a couple of weeks ago and had no problems with it, one burp occured when I put the wrong IP address in. after making sure username password and IP address were right worked fine. one problem I did have was with at&t I went from a regular phone & dsl line to what they call a dry loop or just a dsl line when my t mobile was actvated At&t disconected me completley and it took about 2 weeks for the dsl only line to activate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.