DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cabin is about 150 miles from the Bay Area where my local stations are located.
Will I have a problem getting local HD if I set up a AT9 dish? I have an oval dish with two cables installed now at the cabin.

John

·
Legend
239 Posts
Live Steamer said:
My cabin is about 150 miles from the Bay Area where my local stations are located.
Will I have a problem getting local HD if I set up a AT9 dish? I have an oval dish with two cables installed now at the cabin.

John
That will depend on the shape and size of the spot beam that serves the Bay Area. At 150 miles, my guess is you will be OK.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
You will not receive local San Francisco HDTV channels at your cabin with a 3-LNB oval dish. You'll need to upgrade the dish to a 5-LNB AT9 dish. And, as f300v10 points out, you'll need to be within the San Francisco spot beam.

·
Mentor
43 Posts
litzdog911 said:
You will not receive local San Francisco HDTV channels at your cabin with a 3-LNB oval dish. You'll need to upgrade the dish to a 5-LNB AT9 dish. And, as f300v10 points out, you'll need to be within the San Francisco spot beam.
I think he means he's going to take the AT9 with him.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Greenbay4 said:
I think he means he's going to take the AT9 with him.
What a mess that's going to be. Disconnect all the cables, take the dish off, take it to the cabin, mount the dish, reconnect the cables, align the dish, take it down when you leave the cabin, set it back up when you get home.

Just buy another AT9 dish.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
glennb said:
What a mess that's going to be. Disconnect all the cables, take the dish off, take it to the cabin, mount the dish, reconnect the cables, align the dish, take it down when you leave the cabin, set it back up when you get home.

OMG!!! Yes. Do not be taking a dish back and forth :nono2:

·
Mentor
43 Posts
glennb said:

I'd rather be hooking up my AT9 at some cabin somewhere, than working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.