DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Icon
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was bad enough to look at the watermark on the lower right hand of the screen, now we have to see info on the left hand of the screen. This s**t has to stop! Its time to let the broadcasters "we had enough and we are not going to take it anymore". Time to boycott the advertisers.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
B Newt said:
It was bad enough to look at the watermark on the lower right hand of the screen, now we have to see info on the left hand of the screen. This s**t has to stop! Its time to let the broadcasters "we had enough and we are not going to take it anymore". Time to boycott the advertisers.
Time to relax! :goodjob:

·
Legend
140 Posts
B Newt said:
Altitude is far worse. The ads are quite large, and often cover up the plays in the games they're broadcasting.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough people upset enough to make a dent in their business. I agree with you, however.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
I am assuming you are talking specificly about the Marlins v. Cubs game?

I agree that they are utterly annoying (the ads) and need to stop but I believe that TBS has some of the best quality HD gameplay.

And I can bring it one step further..... those banner ads in the Directv guide. Those are bad and I know have been talked about in length.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
xzi said:
This is the way they have to advertise now that everyone skips commercials with DVRs.

Face it, the free ride is over.
What "FREE" ride are you talking about. Last I looked my Dish bill was over $100 a month. I understand that if you only get broadcast "free" television you might expect such things, but for channels and services you pay for, its ridiculous. I for one refuse to patronize any company that uses intrusive advertising. Memo to companies, find ways not to piss us off and yet still make your information easy to find (like on the web).

·
Icon
528 Posts
ebaltz said:
What "FREE" ride are you talking about. Last I looked my Dish bill was over $100 a month. I understand that if you only get broadcast "free" television you might expect such things, but for channels and services you pay for, its ridiculous. I for one refuse to patronize any company that uses intrusive advertising. Memo to companies, find ways not to piss us off and yet still make your information easy to find (like on the web).
1. Think what the $100 bill each month would be without advertising.

2. Show me responsible, unobtrusive web advertising ANYWHERE. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Agree.. all of these little ads (especially the animated ones) and water marks on top of other programs are annoying.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
RunnerFL said:
You mean the ones that aren't there anymore and haven't been for weeks? :)
I'm almost positive there was a banner ad in my guide yesterday (announcing a new feature, or something - I don't really pay attention to them).

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
spartanstew said:
I'm almost positive there was a banner ad in my guide yesterday (announcing a new feature, or something - I don't really pay attention to them).
There are 2 things in the guide right now. 1 is to announce that TVLand changed channel numbers and one to tell you how to setup recordings via directv.com. Not ads in my book.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
RunnerFL said:
There are 2 things in the guide right now. 1 is to announce that TVLand changed channel numbers and one to tell you how to setup recordings via directv.com. Not ads in my book.
Gotcha, it was probably the directv.com one.

Either way, the banner ads don't really bother me, but I'd think that for those that are bothered by them, it wouldn't matter if it's technically an ad or not. Just that it's there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.