DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I’m missing something...

I set up my favorite MLB team (not local) to “Season Record”. Their games are commonly aired on the MLB Network (this is in my package/I don’t pay for the MLB package (I don’t need to see every game)). But the Season Record will record a blacked out channel instead of 213 (213-1).

It doesn’t do this with NHL (215) or NBA (216) teams.

What’s the deal (said like Jerry Seinfeld)?

·
Premium Member
25,276 Posts
Can you actually tune to the game? And are you saying it’s on the alt channel but not the main one? If so what does the main channel say it has on in the info banner? And the alt channels info?

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Can you actually tune to the game? And are you saying it's on the alt channel but not the main one? If so what does the main channel say it has on in the info banner? And the alt channels info?
Yes, the plan was to set up the "Season Record" and that it would record all of my team's games that are being aired. Then, I don't need to check the schedules, it'll just be sitting in my queue if it found a game and I can choose to watch or delete.

The banner on both MLB channels (213 & 213-1) will read something like today's...

"New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox or Colorado Rockies at Washington Nationals" (213-1 will read "Alternate Programming" (which sometimes means the other game if not blacked out).

Then instead of recording 213, it'll record one of the 600 channels that I do not pay for.

I may have answered my own question...maybe it doesn't record 213 because its banner reads "either/or"? But that's silly because it should be smart enough to know that the 600/700 MLB package games aren't available and it will search for one airing? That's how the NBA "Season Team" function seems to work.

·
Premium Member
25,276 Posts
If the game is on the alt channel and the alt channel doesn’t have the guide info earlynit doesn’t surprise me it chooses the 600 channel over the dash channel. ...

What team is it? I might have some things you can try to get around this. Alt channels are just a pain...

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the game is on the alt channel and the alt channel doesn't have the guide info earlynit doesn't surprise me it chooses the 600 channel over the dash channel. ...

What team is it? I might have some things you can try to get around this. Alt channels are just a pain...
Agreed re:alternate MLB channel (213-1), but most of the time it's just when my team's (NY Yankees) games are airing on the regular MLB channel 213, it'll record the blacked out 600 regional channel instead. Not a big deal, I could always just search and record every week or so....I just liked the idea of the "season record" (until it didn't actually work).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.