DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Godfather
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed that the EPG (ch-101) for Monday night's Tech Forum says it's a rebroadcast?

Hope this is just an error in the EPG and not a pre-recorded broadcast.

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
Although it will probably have some repeated content.
How do I use my remote again? :)
[/joke]

I wonder how much they are going to step away from the tech to handle the programming questions, such as the loss of distants.

The addition of the new TWC Weather is tech enough for the forum.

I suspect the rest will be the same answers/avoidance we have become accustomed to. And yet I'll be watching it live - hopeful of something special. :)

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Several Dish tech host an hour program and give techniqual aspects of Dish antennas, receivers and other hardware, what some software upgrades will feature and answer questions from phone and e-mail. Similar to a Charlie Chat.

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
Tech Forum
Tech Forum is hosted by President of EchoStar Technologies, Mark Jackson, and Dan Minnick, Vice President of Engineering. On this program DISH Network experts offer in-depth technical information and updates about our newest technology and hardware.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customercare/charlie_chat/index.asp

If you miss it, there will be a recap posted after the chat with all the pertinant details.

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
scooper said:
Tech Forum is usually more interesting than Charley Chat to most of us cruising the DBS forums...
I expect this one will be hijacked with info on Distant Networks replacement plans or lack of them.

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
Perhaps demoing Slingbox ... Hmmm, I wonder if one can host a Slingbox in NY?
{PLEASE DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION!!!}

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
scooper said:
I'd be surprised if there isn't a mention of it, anyway...
As i suspected fully half of the show was on DNS.

The actual technical chat talked about

Update in early December for the first 3 items.
1) new pip modes including side by side and remembering where you are in the swapped out channel.
2) HD channels will be marked with an HD in upper left corner on guide
3)new timer (not sure if this is different or how it already works) will use original OTA date
4) Did a big Sling box demonstration.
5) In question and answer vague answer on when USB external come out. NBR still coming for 5xx machines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.