DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,492 Posts
What is this thread initially about???
Undesired sales calls ... although the initial sales call was an in person visit instead of a phone scam.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I suspect this will catch on if successful. The electric company coming out for a scheduled service call? A sales guy tags along to try and upsell you on an outside line protection plan.
around here the electric company is the "all sales" company. Oh you need power? ok how about tv? internet? they sell them everything!!! Total bull**** being a local dealer when everyone already setup during turning the power on......

·
13 Posts
So, after waiting a few weeks (with one flaked call that never showed, even with text messages that the tech is on his/her way and would be there in less than a half hour), a tech finally showed up and fixed my issue. Good job there, but about a minute before he showed up, a sales person of some sort showed up and tried to sign me up for cell phone service.

Unbelievable

After 23 years, I'm soon to not be a DirecTV/AT&T customer. I bailed on AT&T cell service a few years ago after using them since 1998 (almost 21 years), so I think this is fitting.
A few months ago I contacted AT&T thru their text chat about my internet issues. They sent a tech as scheduled and he fixed an issue with my connection "down the street." At the same time, a salesperson arrived and came in to talk. He asked about my wireless service and asked who it was. When I replied Consumer Cellular, he gave me a look and I said "...you can't beat them, can you?" He shook his head, thanked me and left.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts