DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've attached a diagram to help me out (rooms are not to scale and not really next to each other).

I want to take the modulator output from my 622 and run it to the other 2 tvs in my house. Each room has exaclty 1 cable running to it (and I dont want to run anymore, finished ceilings in basement, etc). Each room also has a receiver. Also I'm using a myriad of diplexors and splitters.

My question is, is there a way to take the modulator output from the 622 and run it to the other rooms in my setup without running a second cable to any room, and if so how would you do it.

Bottom line, I want to be able to watch recorded shows from my 622 on other tvs. If there are other options, I'm open to those as well.

Thanks in advance,

ZJedi01

EDIT: Yeah I just realized I spelled technical wrong (fumble fingers on keyboard).

Attachments

· Super Moderator
54,222 Posts
Some have "backfed" their 622, but it would be easy to broadcast on your cable output so that isn't recommended. A second cable to the 622 location is needed.

As far as TV1, you can add a splitter from the antenna input to the 811 to get a signal there - the antenna signal fed from the 622 can be combined with the outdoor antenna signal (assuming you run that second cable and pick a channel that doesn't interfere with an OTA reception).

My diagram is here.

· Icon
1,025 Posts
Let's look at this in pieces first.
Your bedroom 2 looks to be setup properly for this to work.
Bedroom 1 needs a splitter on the Antenna output of the diplexer to feed the 811 and the TV antenna input.

The part I am unsure of is the room with your 622. Here I think you need to run some tests. I think you will need a splitter with the single end going to the diplexer antenna connection and the dual side going to the 622 antenna in and the 622 antenna output. This should get your modulated 622 signal back out of that room. On the other side is where you will have the problems that only experimentation can work out. You will be carrying both an antenna signal and a modulator signal through diplex 2. You will need to split that signal so that you can send it to the antenna in of Diplex 1 and 5. The tricky part is that you have an antenna signal coming into your livingroom and you also have a modulator signal as well as another split on that antenna signal. I don't know if those two antenna signals will interfere with each other because of phase issues.
If there is any way that you can get a second cable out of the Living room so that the modulated 622 signal is then split to diplex 1 and 5 without having to send it over the diplex 2/4 route you would be in much better shape.
Hopefully this is understandable.

...Doyle

· Icon
1,025 Posts
invariably that happens, both working on the same question and when you finally figure it out someone else has beaten you to the post. At least James and I agree. You really need another line out of that 622 room.

..Doyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.