DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called Dish tech support and the end result is that I scheduled a technician to come out here next weekend. But, I'd like to save myself th $49 and try to fix the problem myself. Here is what is happening....

I have 2 receivers, a 622 & a 322. I am able to receive some channels but other channels display the "acquiring satellite signal" error message. The channels that display this message are not consistent between the receivers(i can receive my locals on the 622, but not the 322). I ran the 'check switch' test on both receivers. On the 622, the satellite input 1 appeared to test fine, as it displayed 3 green 'ok' boxes, but the satellite input 2 had 3 red boxes. On the 322, the satellite input 1 also had 3 'ok' boxes, whereas the satellite input 2 had a green 'ok' box for 110, & 119, but not for 129.

This problem started yesterday. We did have a cold front move through that had some fairly strong wind gusts, perhpas that messed up the alignment of the Dish, I also had my DNS stopped, could someone at Dish 'thrown a wrong switch' when turning off my DNS causing my current problems??

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,421 Posts
terfmop said:
I ran the 'check switch' test on both receivers. On the 622, the satellite input 1 appeared to test fine, as it displayed 3 green 'ok' boxes, but the satellite input 2 had 3 red boxes. On the 322, the satellite input 1 also had 3 'ok' boxes, whereas the satellite input 2 had a green 'ok' box for 110, & 119, but not for 129.
If the setup was working before, I suspect that your LNB has gone boofy; more specifically, the switching portion of it.

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i re-ran the 'test switch' and got different results. This is just bizarre, i'll reset the receiver and try again and see if I can et consistent results from the 'test switch'

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, did a reset, ran the 'test switch' again. this time, however, instead of both inputs going through 3 tests something different happened. Sattelite input 1 performed 38 of 38 tests, whereas satellite input 2 performed 1 test. The results were satellite input 1 had one red box under 119 (no other sats listed) and input 2 had a green 'ok' box (once again only 119 listed)

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL....after another re-set of both receivers, the HD channels are back in the guide, but the receiver (622) will not tune to them.

Even stranger, the 322 now has all the channels back that it wasn't displaying previously.....EVEN my DNS ABC!?!?

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
terfmop said:
one cable with a separator
both tuners on a receiver being fed by a separator should see the same results. The 622 is producing different results on each tuner so I suspect part of the problem is in the receiver.:)

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well perhaps it was gremlins. After two more resets, everything appears just fine. Check switch test yields all green boxes on both satellite inputs. DNS is still enabled. Just bizarre. Has anyone elses had similar problems fixed with multiple resets?

·
Legend
152 Posts
I am having issues with my 510 receiver today...the same front moved through yesterday with the high winds. My 625 receiver is not impacted. I am losing the signal frequently on all channels with my 510 and the signal strength is exceptionally low on the spotbeam transponders.

·
Icon
546 Posts
Changed a lot of LNB's this summer:eek2: because customers were experiencing the same things. They all were doing some combination of all the things you're experiencing. Some had no signal, then no 110W on one rcvr, or nothing on one input of the other, etc. Dude, change the LNB.

·
Godfather
344 Posts
Next time U have this problem Try running a check switch after disconnecting the dish ant input. This will reset the matrix. Then reconnect the dish and run another check switch. I have to do this once and a while after a reall bad storm moves throu.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.