DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TechTV is abandoning live breaking news in favor of tech-related entertainment programming and newsmagazines. As a result, about 50 staffers are losing their jobs, mostly from programming and production.

Flagship daily newscast Tech Live, once a full nine-and-a-half hours, will drop to a half-hour (it was recently cut back to three-and-a-half hours daily).

TechTV is buying up entertainment programming with high-tech and futuristic themes.

Recent pick ups include movies Coma, Demon Seed and Forbidden Planet and four series -- Max Headroom, Thunderbirds, Techno Games and Future Fighting Machines. Last month TechTV added two original information shows, The Tech of and Eye Drops, and an older series, Big Thinkers, has been revamped into magazine-style.

Full Story

· Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
Oh well, there goes another channel down the tubes. TechTV's actions puzzle me. Why did they change their format? Was it not getting enough ratings? It seems to me that everyone in the forum preferred their older format over the new one.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Yet another stupid move, by the genieouses at TechTV!

· Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
so techTV is trying to become the sci fi channel??? maybe they can start a new program-Mystery Science Theater 2900 1/2...

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
"genieouses"?

I love it.

TechTV has been going north ever since it changed from ZDTV. I'll still watch it for the awesome techno-babes, and Leo & Patrick.

Nickster :smoking:

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Originally posted by Nick
"genieouses"?

I love it.

TechTV has been going north ever since it changed from ZDTV. I'll still watch it for the awesome techno-babes, and Leo & Patrick.

Nickster :smoking:
Now wait a minute! Which is it. In another post, you said:

Originally posted by Nick
And I thought I was the only one who disliked the changes. If they would go back to their earlier format I would watch regularly as I did in the past.

Network execs who don't have a clue make stupid programming decisions for the rest of us.

Hand me the remote.....
Okay, so tell us how you really feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.