·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TechTV Slashes Tech Live

By Simon Applebaum
Courtesy of Multichannel News
4/24/2002 6:00:00 PM

Tech Live went dead on TechTV's daytime schedule Wednesday, as the tech-oriented cable network canceled the morning and afternoon editions of its year-old news program on sudden notice.

The cancellation, leaving Tech Live as a half-hour nightly program, came as TechTV prepares to hit advertisers with a round of upfront meetings covering its 2002-03 season plans.

Approximately 50 people were dismissed from the network -- including most of the show's producers, bureau producers and correspondents -- after the morning edition concluded.

Tech Live anchors Erica Hill, Becky Worley and Michaela Pereira will now serve as both rotating hosts and correspondents on the nightly version.

The program launched last April as a nine-hour news block, including breaking-news coverage and tech-focused stock-market updates, but it was cut back to three separate programs last fall.

Read the rest at http://www.tvinsite.com/multichannelnews/index.asp?layout=story&doc_id=83125&display=breakingNews

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone please break out the horns and play taps for this channel already?

What was a great channel is now just a channel taking up space. The few remaining shows would probably be better off being syndicated shows then by being part of this Network.

·
Godfather/Supporter
342 Posts
IMO it started going downhill when they moved Leo Laporte around giving him at least what seamed less air-time and added the goofball Chris Pirillo. Gotta give more airtime to Leo, Patrick and Martin Sargeant. Of course Erica, Sumi and Michaela need there fair share too.

·
God Bless America!
2,534 Posts
I agree. amd Fresh Gear gets more dull every episode, and the Screen Savers has turned to crud too. They gotta get this channel off the air. The Screen Savers is a good show, but it's one show they could sell to another network...

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I give TechTV another 12-18 months, this was once a great channel filled with all sorts of informantion, the shows had a wide variety of different topics and the hosts were great. TechTV just went into my 'waste of bandwidth' file. Its a shame! :(

·
Legend
217 Posts
Oh well...it was good while it lasted. I will always have my autographed pics of Kate and Leo and also Scott and Michaela, as well as two free ZDTV T-shirts to remember the good old days when the channel was hip. Today, the channel is about as fresh as a 10 year old loaf of Wonder Bread.

Now....I end this post in the inspirational words of Homer Simpson at Grimie's funeral:

"Marge, change the channel!"

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
And I thought I was the only one who disliked the changes. If they would go back to their earlier format I would watch regularly as I did in the past.

Network execs who don't have a clue make stupid programming decisions for the rest of us.

Hand me the remote.....

Nick :smoking:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.