DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in the past few months I've had problems with our home phone having static on the line and the phone showing "Line in Use", only to discover that I have to unplug the telephone cord connected to my dish 222 receiver because it didn't hang up after downloading at night. Anyone else experience this, as I'm wondering if it's something I'm not doing right or if I should notify Dish about this.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Hi... firstly, there is no "downloading" via the phone line, in case you didn't know. The receiver calls in periodically to "check in" and will report things like PPV orders OR when you use certain interactive apps like checking/paying your bill via the remote.

Do you have DSL? IF you have DSL and don't have a DSL filter on the phone line connected to your Dish receiver that can cause problems with your phone and/or DSL connection. For that matter, make sure you have a DSL filter on the phone you use to talk as well.

Outside of that... I have heard of faulty modems before, so it could be possible you do have a receiver with a faulty modem. IF you try all the other stuff, and it keeps happening... you'll probably have to call Dish and get them to replace the receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.