DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I really hope this isn't a dumb question.

We're getting carpet replaced in our apartment next week, and we're going out of town. I have two options as far as my receiver go: either just leave it disconnected for the week that we're gone, or try and run some extra cable throughout the apartment to another room just to keep it connected and recording my shows.

Keeping it hooked up is going to be a huge pain, so what I am wondering is, is there anything wrong with not having it hooked up for a week or so? Or are there some sort of weird problems that will happen when I do try to hook it back up?

Thanks.

By the way, I think I have the R15-300??

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I recently had my R15-300 disconnected for about a month.

Worked fine when hooked back up, no unusual messages. I forced a download to the latest software and all is good.

So you might or might not get a message.

·
AllStar
51 Posts
untouchable said:
and you'll get a message that the services are not active, or the authorization has expired...so then you'll have to call D* and have them resend the services to you.
You'll only get 722 Service Expired if the receiver has been unplugged from the power or sat dish for 30 days or more.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
:) Yes it is new.

Came back on line this week.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
lovemySatT60 said:
I was just able to do this on their site, is this new? It would be nice if they let their agents know there is an alternative
The agents know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.