DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the antenna and I'm getting good reception with it. I was wondering if I could plug it into the back of the 622 and use the DVR feature? If no, why am I not able to do so? Thanks, I'm new to all of this.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
g182237 said:
I just bought the antenna and I'm getting good reception with it. I was wondering if I could plug it into the back of the 622 and use the DVR feature? If no, why am I not able to do so? Thanks, I'm new to all of this.
Yes you can. If you are presently using the TV tuner for your OTA, you need to scan the channels into the DVR, after you plug the OTA antenna into the off-air port on the back of the 622.
That's it. They will then show up in the program guide, and integrate with the DVR like all the other DISH channels.

Have fun :)

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Of course if you want local Guide information included with your OTA you need to subscribe to your locals.

If you are able to get OTA hooked into your 622 you are then able to have the ability to record 3 digital streams at one time. Two from you Dish Satellites and one from your OTA..

You will also be able to watch a recorded show while your other 3 streams are recording...

Pretty cool stuff!

·
Legend
234 Posts
I record Conan every nite from my Terk OTA antenna.....since my Dish NBC feed features sound studdering. Have had no issues. BTW, this is the first Terk I've ever tried that's been worth a dam*. Same design as the Silver Sensor but with rabbit ears and an amplifier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.