DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I didn't see anyone else with this specific problem so I hope I didn't miss a post about this already. I have an indoor Terk antenna that will pickup the local HD broadcasts when I hook it up to my tv (Sony KDF55WF655) but when I try to hook it up to the VIP622 it will not locate any local channels.

I may be doing something wrong but the TV just scans for channels when it is hooked up and recognizes them right away. I'm not sure why they wouldn't appear for the 622.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this would happen?

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDMe said:
I am using a Terk with my ViP622 and have no problems. Works even better than my previous receiver did. My TV does not have OTA tuner, so I can't compare that.

I can say, though, that I am NOT using the inline amplifier that came with the Terk. I found that it actually caused me to lose signal on several channels... so I took it out a long time ago and has worked flawless ever since.

Are you using the inline amplifier? And if so, have you tried connecting without it?
I've tried it with and without the amplifier. No go either way I'm afraid.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bruin95 said:
I was also going to ask the same thing. Since I'm already typing, are you sure you have the OTA antenna connected to the correct connection in back of the 622? I guess this qualifies as a dumb question, too. :D
No worries about the questions, might as well be thorough.

Yes I have connected and activated the receiver, I can view all the channels I subscribe to.

The correct input should be the tv antenna / cable input on the top left if you're looking at the back of the receiver, right?

I'm not sure what multipath is? Anyway to correct this other than purchasing a new antenna? I hate having to switch video inputs to watch the few channels the thing picks up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.