DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Icon
Joined
·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the writing in blood on the garage wall this is all I can make out:

On the left side:

KIM
JUAN LOPEZ
STARK 3007 LA
WALLACE BROOKS
DEACON SANDHID (SANDHIP?)
TB 3 N(UNREADABLE) C84

On the Right Side

GREENWAY
P. ALTO
DR B SHERMAN
ALPINE FIELDS
9419100644
Last line only shows the top of the letters
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
340 Posts
So do we think this was written by the man that brought the initial warning and then died (before he came in the house I assume) or someone else?
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,136 Posts
Wow, I have to say, there was tons of suspension of disbelief on this episode. For some reason, I can deal with Skynet, the time travel, all that, but the Nuke Plant stuff was so crazy when compared to how a real nuke plant is secured and run, I almost could not watch it.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
15,556 Posts
Lee L said:
Wow, I have to say, there was tons of suspension of disbelief on this episode. For some reason, I can deal with Skynet, the time travel, all that, but the Nuke Plant stuff was so crazy when compared to how a real nuke plant is secured and run, I almost could not watch it.
It's too much. The writing needs to be improved and the plot line not so far beyond the writer's capabilities. There's imagination, but there's also reality here that should be incorporated. The show suffered a 17% ratings drop this week, which for a show on Fox has been the kiss of death.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
143 Posts
Did anyone else notice that episode 2 took place in Nov. 2007, but in episode 1 the Shirley Manson character said "Bobby Fischer is dead". Fischer died Jan. 17. 2008.

I realize all the terminators come from the future, at a time when Bobby Fischer and most humans are dead, but I think the writer's just goofed with this date.:bonk1:
 

· Child of the 60's
Joined
·
3,127 Posts
Sorry to disagree, but I like the season so far. On a show like this, I expect reality to be stretched and suspended pretty regularly. Having Cameron be a bit unpredictable adds a nice edge as well. I'll take this show over any of the reality crap and prime time game shows any day of the week.

And if you want to talk about shows that are over the top, how 'bout "Fringe"? Now that's a show that's REALLY far out!

John
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,213 Posts
I didn't even blink at the nuclear plant security and lack thereof ... but I shook my head when I saw the bloody message on the wall. The traveler from the future is sent back to pass on a message, gets there early enough to write it on the wall in his own blood, then waits until Sarah is resting on the couch to break the door to cryptically whisper the name of the guy and the plant .... He couldn't have found a pad and a pen??!
 

· Child of the 60's
Joined
·
3,127 Posts
Drew2k said:
... then waits until Sarah is resting on the couch to break the door to cryptically whisper the name of the guy and the plant .... He couldn't have found a pad and a pen??!
Hey! You gotta have a little drama. :lol:

John
 

· Icon
Joined
·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm worried about what will happen to the ratings in the next two weeks. The Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother have their premieres next Monday with a Heroes clip show on NBC right before the premiere of Heroes. Then on the 29th Chuck comes back. With only 27% of households having a DVR most people are going to have to make a choice.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,213 Posts
frederic1943 said:
I'm worried about what will happen to the ratings in the next two weeks. The Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother have their premieres next Monday with a Heroes clip show on NBC right before the premiere of Heroes. Then on the 29th Chuck comes back. With only 27% of households having a DVR most people are going to have to make a choice.
The good news is Nielsen now tracks DVR viewing within 5 or 7 days, so there's some hope ... but I admit the numbers don't look good for Week 1 and 2...
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
Drew2k said:
I didn't even blink at the nuclear plant security and lack thereof ... but I shook my head when I saw the bloody message on the wall. The traveler from the future is sent back to pass on a message, gets there early enough to write it on the wall in his own blood, then waits until Sarah is resting on the couch to break the door to cryptically whisper the name of the guy and the plant .... He couldn't have found a pad and a pen??!
I said the exact same thing. The other thing I questioned is how did a T100 look exactly like the guy "Greenway", they don't have the capability to morph into anyone they sample like a T1000 does!
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
15,556 Posts
frederic1943 said:
I'm worried about what will happen to the ratings in the next two weeks. The Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother have their premieres next Monday with a Heroes clip show on NBC right before the premiere of Heroes. Then on the 29th Chuck comes back. With only 27% of households having a DVR most people are going to have to make a choice.
This was one reason why I did the Monday Night Chaos: What will you record? poll thread. Unlike Fringe on Tuesday night, Terminator has no lead in and could simply get buried in the ratings against football, Dancing With The Stars, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, and Gossip Girl. There's going to be infighting in the Nielsen households.:eek2:
 

· Icon
Joined
·
652 Posts
bobukcat said:
I said the exact same thing. The other thing I questioned is how did a T100 look exactly like the guy "Greenway", they don't have the capability to morph into anyone they sample like a T1000 does!
SkyNet has access to the California DMV database and is making T100's that look like key people and sending them back in time to intervene at prime times! :eek2:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,658 Posts
bobukcat said:
I said the exact same thing. The other thing I questioned is how did a T100 look exactly like the guy "Greenway", they don't have the capability to morph into anyone they sample like a T1000 does!
Hey, if the "Cromarte" model could make himself look like that actor and take his place in season 1... then surely any model could do the same thing... though I tend to think he was sent back already looking like that with the intent to change his appearance.

IF all the T-100 models were limited to looking like Arnold, then people would not need dogs to sniff out the infiltrators after they saw one the first time! :)
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
HDMe said:
Hey, if the "Cromarte" model could make himself look like that actor and take his place in season 1... then surely any model could do the same thing... though I tend to think he was sent back already looking like that with the intent to change his appearance.

IF all the T-100 models were limited to looking like Arnold, then people would not need dogs to sniff out the infiltrators after they saw one the first time! :)
Didn't that T100 steal Cromartie's apearance and do the whole grow skin/flesh in the bathtub routine after it got blasted apart and rebuilt itself??? I'll accept the SkyNet access to DMV records as a more likely scenario, I just figured if they were doing that there would be two people (well one person and one Terminator) runnning around looking identical and that could help the humans identify current / next targets.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
phrelin said:
This was one reason why I did the Monday Night Chaos: What will you record? poll thread. Unlike Fringe on Tuesday night, Terminator has no lead in and could simply get buried in the ratings against football, Dancing With The Stars, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, and Gossip Girl. There's going to be infighting in the Nielsen households.:eek2:
I'm personally just happy to have network shows that I want to watch again. For about 3-5 years there wasn't a signle program I watched or cared about! It's unfortunate that there are so many on the same night but we might see some of them moved to other nights if the network thinks it could do well if not facing such tough competition.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
15,556 Posts
bobukcat said:
I'm personally just happy to have network shows that I want to watch again. For about 3-5 years there wasn't a signle program I watched or cared about! It's unfortunate that there are so many on the same night but we might see some of them moved to other nights if the network thinks it could do well if not facing such tough competition.
As I said on another thread, wisdom would say Fox should move "Terminator" to Tuesday with "Fringe" (science fiction Tuesday) and place "House" and "Bones" together on Wednesday (odd doctors Wednesday).:lol:

They could put "Til Death" and "Do Not Disturb" on Monday before "Prison Break" which would be accepting the inevitable which is the reality that against football, The CW lineup and "Dancing with the Stars" there is little chance of getting much of any demo group.

Instead they'll probably cancel "Terminator" stuffing in some rerun or reality show and let "Prison Break" finish out it's last season.

Yes, I'm jaded.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,922 Posts
phrelin said:
Instead they'll probably cancel "Terminator" stuffing in some rerun or reality show and let "Prison Break" finish out it's last season.

Yes, I'm jaded.
That pretty much sounds like fox. The new reality show will be hole in the wall 2 or something of equal quality.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top