DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I will admit that sometimes I can be a major pain in the neck, assuming people should know more than they do, but I think today took the cake.

I took the afternoon off to meet the DTV installer who was going to install the new dish and new HR20 DVR. At least he was on time. He proceeded to look everything over (that was good), and then asked what kind of dish was that? I told him it was a pretty standard 3 LNB dish and that I had one HD tv and three SB boxes. He told me he would leave my old dish up because "This is a two story house!" Yes it is and always has been, for over 50 years. It was a two story house when the other DTV guys installed the original dish and when the HD dish was installed a couple of years ago too.

He then called his "supervisor" and asked him "What are these four cables coming down from the dish and the OTA HD antenna?" That did not give me a lot of confidence. He finally agreed to remove the old dish, but said he would also have to remove the OTA antenna too. (They are on separate masts.) He said that OTA antennas didn't work with the new receiver. I asked why they were an option on the website and asked him to leave it anyway as I would try to make it work later.

He then asked ME how to run an extra cable to the TV location. I told him I had no idea and had hoped that he might have some ideas or experience. He had none.

The bottom line is that he had no idea what he was doing, gave me no confidence that he would do anything right and basically told me that he didn't know how he was going to make this installation work!

I asked him to leave, called DTV and was basically told that despite my being a customer for more than 10 years, despite the installer from hunger (which they agreed wasn't competent), the best they could do was send someone out in February sometime.

I got put through to retention where that offer was repeated or I was given the option of cancelling my account. I was flabbergasted but said I would keep the old account until I could make other arrangements. I guess I will call Dish in the morning.

Does this sound right? I thought over the entire conversation and I never was snippy, never was disrespectful, never was short. I think they have so many problems with installations they have few options.:mad:

· Mentor
46 Posts
Sounds feasible to me....see my post today on my install experience yesterday. Sounds like your idiot was worse then mine though. The really bad part is D*'s lack of response. Their customer service has always been way better then Comcast, but I am starting to hear rumblings and Comcast's very poor customer service/pricing is a big reason that D* is winning customers in my area. It will be very interesting when Verizon enters the mix!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.