1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of this website, I have learned:

1. How to make my HR20 work to full capability

2. How to get deals from D* Retention for upgrades

3. How to call D* with no waiting and get the best CSRs (Retention)

4. How fortunate I am to have an HR20 that is working perfectly

Thank you!!!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
I doubt you're talking to me, so I'll just add my thanks to Earl and everyone else. Sometimes Earl sure gets some crap piled on him, but I think he has nothing but good intentions. I know the HR20 isn't perfect, but I'm very satisfied with mine.

·
Legend
228 Posts
Earl is the man!

....now, how about that next update? I'm aching for a software fix.

·
Banned
614 Posts
PoitNarf said:
I am not joining in on this ass kissing parade :lol:
:lol:

·
Legend
200 Posts
Well said. I agree. It has saved me a lot of time and grief. :hurah: :blowout: :bowdown: :balloons:

Today I even shipped a brand new HR20 back to D* since there was no point in installing it. (It was sent to me by a D* CSR who thought it would solve my HR20 problems, but by the time I got it the software downloads had solved most of them.)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I would be at 1 DVR and two standard receivers, instead of 3 SD DVRs and 1 HD DVR, without this fourm. I would not have HD at all.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

·
Godfather
320 Posts
ruesch37 said:
Because of this website, I have learned:

1. How to make my HR20 work to full capability

2. How to get deals from D* Retention for upgrades

3. How to call D* with no waiting and get the best CSRs (Retention)

4. How fortunate I am to have an HR20 that is working perfectly

Thank you!!!
Its because of the information on $ saving techniques and general information I have gotten from dbstalk.com that I have become a PAYING member. For those of you who have been able to save coin I suggest to you to give a bit of it to the site that helped you out!

·
Banned
614 Posts
ITrot said:
Its because of the information on $ saving techniques and general information I have gotten from dbstalk.com that I have become a PAYING member. For those of you who have been able to save coin I suggest to you to give a bit of it to the site that helped you out!
:confused:

·
Godfather
320 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
hmm... don't know where in the profile it should show that... but I am for about 5 weeks now... also, how could I change the phrase above my avatar if I were not a paying member...

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts
Curious how do you contribute ? I'd be willing to put some $$ in....lord knows the fourm/Earl has helped me.

Thanks

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
ITrot said:
Its in the User CP

http://www.dbstalk.com/payments.php

...time to go bowling....
I had no idea I could contribute. I did immediately. But it would only let me select $15. Why not give us three levels: Bronze $15, Silver $25, and Gold $50. Show our level right in our info when we post and make it a hot link so that someone could just click and see what that means. It might look like this:

JoeDUser
Gold Level Member

Click Gold Level Member and you would go to the membership signup page.

Listen to the egos on this forum. I am betting that about 200 of us will be compelled to become Gold Level instantly. There's a quick $10,000 to invest into this.

You don't need to provide any added features for the higher levels. That is easy to set up with PayPal.

When you sign up it should be clear in offerring the higher levels.

- Craig

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Thanks everyone for joining the DBSTalk Club. At this time we are going to stick with the $15. Maybe at some point in the future we will offer other "levels" of membership but for now, you are welcome to join at the current rate. Be sure to say hello to our other club members in our private DBSTalk Club forum.

Thanks again!

·
Legend
228 Posts
I'm in too.

I didn't even know there was an option to 'join'! It's just amazing how much one can learn from these forums.

(Now I can explain to my wife about why I *paid* to read all the rants.....)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.