DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
game tonight in Memphis. Tried to order it, house full of people to watch it, can't get it. Your stupidity stricks again, the asshats enter the blackout codes correctly and blackout Memphis, but enter the "buy" codes for the PPV only for the zip codes in Mississippi for the PPV feed, thus costing me the ability to watch the game, them money and Ole Miss money (which I could care less about because I am an LSU fan, but i'm sure they care). And they lie their asses off to me and from what I have read on a bunch of Ole MIss websites from others who called to complain about being shut out about the reasons why it happened, they even told me they weren't even carrying the game on Gameplan anywhere in the country at one point on the phone. Fools. After this NFL season, I'm probably dumping their ass.

·
Icon
808 Posts
You may have cleaned up the title but you failed to run spell check. If you expect anyone to take your post seriously you should at least learn to spell.:rolleyes:

·
AllStar
102 Posts
captain_video said:
You may have cleaned up the title but you failed to run spell check. If you expect anyone to take your post seriously you should at least learn to spell.:rolleyes:
Ignore filters are awesome! :)

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,919 Posts
gonzlobo said:
Ignore filters are awesome! :)
So are screen capture utilities that save in JPEG or GIF formats.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not listening to facts because of spellcheck and ignore filters are for DTV shills or folks who only hear what they want to hear, those seeking information do not fit that category, so your commetns are noted but irrelevant.

·
Icon
866 Posts
Direct does not set the blackout rules; the conferences, schools, local channels, local rsns do. So before you work yourself up in a lather, find out who truly is responsible for you missing your game.

And yes the game was available on gameplan for me, but I am not in LA,MS or TN.

P.S. It was an awesome game. Great ending!!

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
geaux1 said:
game tonight in Memphis. Tried to order it, house full of people to watch it, can't get it. Your stupidity stricks again, the asshats enter the blackout codes correctly and blackout Memphis, but enter the "buy" codes for the PPV only for the zip codes in Mississippi for the PPV feed, thus costing me the ability to watch the game, them money and Ole Miss money (which I could care less about because I am an LSU fan, but i'm sure they care). And they lie their asses off to me and from what I have read on a bunch of Ole MIss websites from others who called to complain about being shut out about the reasons why it happened, they even told me they weren't even carrying the game on Gameplan anywhere in the country at one point on the phone. Fools. After this NFL season, I'm probably dumping their ass.
Like other similar games, it was a PPV game only in LA and MS (states of the competing teams). For the rest of the country, it was available via Game Plan. No problems receiving it here in Florida.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
bwaldron said:
Like other similar games, it was a PPV game only in LA and MS (states of the competing teams). For the rest of the country, it was available via Game Plan. No problems receiving it here in Florida.
Was also a blackout within the Memphis, TN DMA. Those within blackout areas the game was on Channel 798 AND Channel 799. Sounds like he didn't do his homework and is once again blaming D*. :rolleyes: :nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
cariera said:
So before you work yourself up in a lather, find out who truly is responsible for you missing your game.
From what I've read of this guy's 67 posts (at the time of this post), he is in a constant state of lather. :mad:

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DCSholtis said:
Was also a blackout within the Memphis, TN DMA. Those within blackout areas the game was on Channel 798 AND Channel 799. Sounds like he didn't do his homework and is once again blaming D*. :rolleyes: :nono2:
LOL, I guess that's why it was blacked out on Gameplan in memphis, was available on Comcast in Memphis and was ordered and watched on Comcast in Memphis and on Dish, etc. Once again, morons at DTV screwed up as they have done before. Please all you DTV employees do your company a favor and stop making lame excuses, the educated sports consumer knows better. I am in a lather because DTV are not competent. The game was intended to be available in Memphis on PPV where a substantial number of Ole Miss alums live, period. DTV are dolt who can't work their computer sright and then are incompetently incapable of fixing a problem. The blackout rules are not set by DTV true, and the blackout rules in this case on the PPV telecast did not include Memphis. The blame is squarely where it belongs, Directv. Period, end of story.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
Why am I getting an image of Donald Duck or Yosemity Sam in my head right about now?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
For what ever reason... DirecTV does not have a system that clearly tells YOU as a customer, nor the CSR level what is going to be blacked our or not.

It has been that way for 10 years...

So yes, DirecTV is at fault for telling you that you could receive the game... and for what ever "methods" they put you through to try and get them.

But at the end of the day... DirecTV doesn't get to "choose" what you are allowed to receive or don't receive via Blackout rules.

·
Legend
184 Posts
geaux1 said:
LOL, I guess that's why it was blacked out on Gameplan in memphis, was available on Comcast in Memphis and was ordered and watched on Comcast in Memphis and on Dish, etc. Once again, morons at DTV screwed up as they have done before. Please all you DTV employees do your company a favor and stop making lame excuses, the educated sports consumer knows better. I am in a lather because DTV are not competent. The game was intended to be available in Memphis on PPV where a substantial number of Ole Miss alums live, period. DTV are dolt who can't work their computer sright and then are incompetently incapable of fixing a problem. The blackout rules are not set by DTV true, and the blackout rules in this case on the PPV telecast did not include Memphis. The blame is squarely where it belongs, Directv. Period, end of story.
If I were you I'd cancel D* immediately! Please tell us first though so that we can unload our D* stock! :D

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True, but DTV made a has a system for entering the information into their system and messed it up. The NCAA, ESPN, and the schools don;t do that for them. It is a fact that the PPV broadcast was not blacked out in the Memphis area and DTV blacked it out. It was DTV's fault plain and simple and this is not first time it has happened. it is also theit fault they are not capable of recognizing and correcting an obvious mistake like this when flooded with irate customers who know they are wrong. No, DTV did not choose the blackout rule. The blackout rule allowed me to recieve the game. They made the mistake of only allowing mississippi to recieve the PPV broadcast incorrectly but correctly blacking out Memphis from the Gameplan broadcast. Totally stupid. Even stupider not to listen to your customer when they call (and hundreds did) and assume we are idiots and give me a programmed series of idiot responses and do nothing to fix the problem.

·
Legend
102 Posts
I do not chime in much, but this guy is really upset. Geaux, you get more flies with honey than you do with vinagar. Screaming and yelling does not help the situation. Send a polite e-mail to Directv and explain the situation. If you are still not happy, than switch to Comcast.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't yell at them, i'm sure plenty of people did, like the owner of a sports bar in Memphis I know who had bought the PPV telecast and rented his upstairs to the LSU alumni association and has DTV instead of Comcast and had charhed 10 bucks a pop and arvertised it and had to incur the wrath of patrons, the hassle of having to refund 80 or so folks while trying to conduct buss. for all his other customers there to watch other games, etc. Yeah DTV refunded him the charge (bars have to pay a lot more), but so what? He didn't scream and yell either at the time simply because he had no time to do it, but he sure is justified in doing so.

·
Icon
975 Posts
If the sportsbar guy is playing by the rules, he's paying D* a fortune for the service. I'm sure his opinion has some real clout with them. You and he should both write a letter of complaint, and CC it to all parties involved.

(A news story on local TV, about the bar fiasco, would help, too.)

·
Legend
125 Posts
geaux1 said:
When you sober up, come back and talk to us all with respect and correct spelling. You 3yr old, temper tantrum goes to shows us all why D* needs to weed out thses "lower quality" subs.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Okay... that enough....

Thread closed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.