DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick "shout out" to say thanks to the numerous people on this site. I fell onto this site back in late September & pulled the trigger a couple of days later and bought the HR-20. Just today, I finally signed up to post.

The reason I jumped on board was because Las Vegas had all the HD Channels available according to my CST. Come to find out only 2 channels (ABC/FOX) were available at the time. I found out after the install, of course! Since then NBC has come on, too.

As like everyone else, I've had cancelled recordings, audio issues, but it's all good in the big picture.

Then Santa "Earl" Claus brings us the great news on Wednesday about OTA. I downloaded 108 and now have all the major locals. But what happens last night? CBS finally comes in HD through D*.

So when the Locals in HD list is updated, Las Vegas has all four majors now.

Keep up the great posts everyone, with all the "work-arounds, hints and the such".

Happy Holidays & I hope Santa "Earl" Claus returns for seconds tonight for those that missed out!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
phern said:
Just a quick "shout out" to say thanks to the numerous people on this site. I fell onto this site back in late September & pulled the trigger a couple of days later and bought the HR-20. Just today, I finally signed up to post.

The reason I jumped on board was because Las Vegas had all the HD Channels available according to my CST. Come to find out only 2 channels (ABC/FOX) were available at the time. I found out after the install, of course! Since then NBC has come on, too.

As like everyone else, I've had cancelled recordings, audio issues, but it's all good in the big picture.

Then Santa "Earl" Claus brings us the great news on Wednesday about OTA. I downloaded 108 and now have all the major locals. But what happens last night? CBS finally comes in HD through D*.

So when the Locals in HD list is updated, Las Vegas has all four majors now.

Keep up the great posts everyone, with all the "work-arounds, hints and the such".

Happy Holidays & I hope Santa "Earl" Claus returns for seconds tonight for those that missed out!
:welcome_s :welcome_s

Welcome to the board

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Just a note;

I am not Santa Claus... I am just the guy working the radar, and let people know when he is around.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
:) Can we have Santa "Earl" Claus make another appearance on next Wednesday (12/20)? Just ordered my HR20 from Best Buy yesterday and it scheduled to get to me on 12/18! Unfortunately the earliest I can get an installation is Wednesday, 12/20.

Unlike the many of you who are going up from the HR10, this is my first plunge into the world of HD (other than OTA) and DVR. I can't wait to watch the bowl games in HD and be able to record them!

Thanks Santa!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.