DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to watch and record the Dallas vs. Tampa Bay game today on Fox, but it has frozen three times now and I've had to restart it using the magic red button each time. I have the latest software (0xfa).

Also, it seems like I have to restart the darn thing every day before I go to work to make sure it records the shows that evening. This is actually the second box I've had and while I now have local HD channels, they seem to be the most problematic in terms of the stability of the unit.

Anyone else in the SF Bay Area having troubles? It sucks to have to pay for such an experience. Anything I can do about that?

· AllStar
55 Posts
Today is the first day I have watched TV since the new update. all my local HD channels are freezing up and then I get the 'Searching for Satelite' on my screen. It is raining pretty hard here but when I check my signal strength it is in the 80's on all Sats and transponders. I could not watch any of the games in HD today which really ticked me off.

· Mentor
38 Posts
dogger01 said:
Today is the first day I have watched TV since the new update. all my local HD channels are freezing up and then I get the 'Searching for Satelite' on my screen. It is raining pretty hard here but when I check my signal strength it is in the 80's on all Sats and transponders. I could not watch any of the games in HD today which really ticked me off.
I'm in the Milpitas area and my recordings worked great for all 3 of the football games yesterday. I was having similar issues until I erased everything on my HR20 about a month ago.

· DBSTalk Club Member
58 Posts
I think it's more your HR20 freezing, than Thanksgiving football freezing. We watched every minute of the Dallas game in HD and never had any problems (freezes, pixelation, or sound issues). In fact, since this last update, neither me or my dad (who has 2 HR20's) has had any problems recording or watching anything . . . it's been the best yet. (knock on wood)

· Banned
614 Posts
tqbui said:
I've been trying to watch and record the Dallas vs. Tampa Bay game today on Fox, but it has frozen three times now and I've had to restart it using the magic red button each time. I have the latest software (0xfa).

Also, it seems like I have to restart the darn thing every day before I go to work to make sure it records the shows that evening. This is actually the second box I've had and while I now have local HD channels, they seem to be the most problematic in terms of the stability of the unit.

Anyone else in the SF Bay Area having troubles? It sucks to have to pay for such an experience. Anything I can do about that?
Don't forget to let DirecTV know your problems so they can try and troubleshoot the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.