DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Icon
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Active has gone through a little face lift, but nothing major. Took pics from my DirecTV D10, on my 19" 20 year old CRT, with my camera phone. Yes, I was so excited, I couldn't actually wait to get a better camera :D.

Attachments

· Icon
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
platinum said:
There also is no access to the mix channels anymore, which is silly.
DirecTV may have noticed that more people were probably going directly to the mix channels instead of using Active.

What I LOVE about the new look is the fact that the five day forcast is right there.

· Legend
238 Posts
Yeah, boy thats great.

But those of us with H20 receivers STILL cannot access it even a year after the receivers initial release.

Talk about ridiculous.

· Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
The way it looks they will be adding something new in the future. If you go to the Directv Basics screen and you see on the bottom left of the screen above the Return to Active button, "Coming Soon... Look out for DIRECTV'S Interactive Customer Support"

· Banned
4,642 Posts
RAD said:
Can't say one way or the other how the new screens look since when I go to active it just says loading and goes no farther.
Oh, you just need to wait....and wait....and wait. Eventually the SEMI-ACTIVE channel came up for me on my R15. But I could have fallen asleep in the time it took. How ACTIVE can ACTIVE be when it takes 10-30 seconds to do anything?????

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Looks like they've redesigned it to match the new interface that's coming next year.
That's what everyone needs. A new interface before they can even get the old one working.

EDIT: How do you all spell CLUSTER *U#k ?

· Icon
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wolffpack said:
That's what everyone needs. A new interface before they can even get the old one working.

EDIT: How do you all spell CLUSTER *U#k ?
The old UI doesn't work? I'm pretty it works fine to me (gets you to where you want to go, with little pain in between).

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
kentuck1163 said:
Yeah, boy thats great.

But those of us with H20 receivers STILL cannot access it even a year after the receivers initial release.

Talk about ridiculous.
I've heard that the H20 will eventually have the Active channel, but it is still a ways out. It is apparently a substantial upgrade to incorporate it.

Carl

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
carl6 said:
I've heard that the H20 will eventually have the Active channel, but it is still a ways out. It is apparently a substantial upgrade to incorporate it.
There is no excuse. It can't be any more substantial than all of the other receivers. The H20 has been out for over a year.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
jonaswan2 said:
The old UI doesn't work? I'm pretty it works fine to me (gets you to where you want to go, with little pain in between).
Well the UI working is debatable but I was referring to the DVRs themselves. I reality the UI between the R15 and HR20 doesn't work th same. Actions on one do not equal the same actions on the other.

· Legend
133 Posts
lol, YES, Active does look ALOT better now, much better..BUT, what nobody mentioned here is that it still does NOT hold the zip code when the receiver re-boots. I tested it on the r-15-500 model, when receiver re-boots, you must again enter your zip code. Now on my r-15-300, i have not yet tested, what I did like and noticed that even after the update (or whatever), my zip code is still present on the 300, I have not re-booted the 300 but I'm sure I would have to re-enter my [email protected] zip code, lol, what ever.. it still looks good.

· Legend
125 Posts
carl6 said:

Carl
That is just bull ****, how can a fricken 50 dollar reciever be able to do it yet a 100 dollar one cant, you'd think it be vice versa and not be on the d11's and older. Us h20 owners have been waiting a year for this to rollout, keep being told its in the next software release. I say get off your ass directv and give us a full featured hd box, just like my brothern want from your hd dvd box and regular dvr box. Prove Mr Murdok that you realy arent a "turd bird"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.