DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Reality TV World, CBS has confirmed that the next edition of The Amazing Race will be an "All-Stars Edition".

Unofficial list of possible racers include:
Rob & Amber (TAR7)
Uchenna & Joyce (TAR7 Winners)
Dave & Mary (TAR10)
Colin & Christie (TAR5)
Charla & Mirna (TAR5)
Bill & Joe (TAR1)
Jill & John (TAR3)
Those not likely to be appearing:
Chip & Kim (TAR6)
Jonathan & Victoria (TAR6)
Mo one from TAR: Family Edition
BJ & Tyler (TAR9)
Brennan & Rob (TAR1)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CoriBright said:
I'd miss Line 4 from Spoiler Two. Strangely enough, I can definitely do without Line 4 from Spoiler One. Can't CBS just swap them over!
They actually posted on their offical AR blog thier displeasure on not being selected to race. #1 from that same list made a video about not being asked and put it on My Space, but it was pulled after a short period.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts
Or so they said at the end of this seasons show. Oh and I guess congrats to the pretty boys that won this past season. Wow I don't even remember their names at this point and it's only a few days later! :lol: Unfortunately I didn't really care for any of the final four teams this season, so it didn't hold my interest as well as most seasons. I'd say based on the fact there was no one hour "recap show" the week before the finale and that the finale itself was only an hour long instead of the commonly done two hour season finale show, that maybe there was a lot of people like me this season. I didn't actually notice how they were doing in the ratings this fall, but there didn't seem to be as much "hype" as there sometimes is at the end of a season so it felt like that maybe this wasn't one of their better performing seasons. The all-stars should be interesting, hopefully it won't be as much of a train-wreck as their last experiment (the family version).

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Yeah... I did not like this season at all. Did not find any of the people that interesting and the show is starting to become "Grab the stranger". They really need to make a rule that you can only ask for directions. You cannot wiggle your butt, grab a guy or girl, and throw him in your car.

Funny thing is that the names of the previous winners don't stick in my head. All Star shows don't usually go well. Survivor was a disaster and personally I think this one will be too. People have had their 10 minutes of fame and they are going back for another 10. Not sure how the big brother all star went, but if Survivor is any indication.. It will be ugly.

Personally I don't think it is a good idea do these type of shows twice with the same people.

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
how about all star crossover events(beyond romber)-that way the networks can give that big bearish guy from survivor they like so much another million dollars...lol

·
Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts
Any bets on who gets eliminated first? I think my money would be on either the coal miners (nothing personal, I actually like them buuuuut....) or the two guys from NY, Kevin & Drew.

Oh and I also noticed there's another thread about this show further down, someone w/ the ability to do so should combine the two.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts
CoriBright said:
I miss Danny's games.

First out... John Vito and Jill, simply because he has a silly name!
Wow either you have insider info, some kind of psychicness or something!
Either way maybe you should find a bookie that'll give you some odds on who's next!:lol: I sure would've not figured those two to be the first eliminated. I figured they'd be one of the stronger teams maybe even one of the top three or four.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it's obvious that many of the teams are gunning for Rob and Kim...I mean Amber. I think that will be many of their downfalls as they will spend too much effort trying to eliminate them and they either hurt their own positions, or worse get eliminated themselves.

Here's my opinions on the teams:
Kevin & Drew: You guys need to step it up...and watch your step. It was barely into the first leg and you injure yourself. I'm sure the producers loved watching you totally destroy the wheel and likely the rest of the suspension on that 4x4. And grow some hair...you both look like Uncle Fester. Predict early departure

Oswald & Danny: Unmemorable. No real opinion, but predict mid-season departure.

John Vito & Jill: Your dumb. You followed the wrong person and didn't question anything. You went into the wrong entrance. I don't need to predict anything for you.

Uchenna & Joyce: You won once with an incredible amount of luck with a plane flight into Miami. Can you do it again? You need to play a little better but hang in there. Predict final 5 or 4 finish

David & Mary: You are about as dumb as John Vito and Jill. Not because you can't follow directions, but you are already burning bridges with other teams when it likely would gain you absolutely nothing. I'm sure they would have never have found out that your dumb mistake of a flight was the slower flight. You don't have your 6-pack of friends to help drag you along this time and everyone is smart enough to not do the long term alliances... predict early finish.

Charla & Mirna: Your here for comic relief. I'm sorry. Your not expected to do well. You aren't the brightest crayons in the box. You won't make it 1/2 way through the season. Your only saving grace is that there are a few other worse teams then yours that will go first.

Rob & Amber: Media wh%#$s. I hope you get eliminated next. But you won't. Some obscure goat herder in outer Mongolia will recognize you from the Rob & Amber Reality TV channel and offer to show you a magical way to teleport instantly between points on the earth. I hope you don't make it half way though the season, but I imagine you probably will be in final 3 unfortunately.

Teri & Ian: Your a little annoying Ian, but overall I like your team. You did well for the "older" team and I hope you go far. Predict final 3.

Eric & Danielle: Mmmm Double Ds. Oh wait, that was a past season. It's too bad you couldn't bring your friend back Danielle. You don't have your boyish good look team Eric and you can't play the "we're good looking but ditzy blondes" act Dannielle. Predict mid season departure.

Joe & Bill: Please put the flaming gayness out. Your annoying. Bye early mid-round.

Dustin & Kandice: Mmm. Your everything I remembered and missed the final legs of last season. Pace yourself, use your ass-ets to your advantage, and you can go farther then you did last season. Predict final 3.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,178 Posts
cdru said:
Kevin & Drew: You guys need to step it up...and watch your step. It was barely into the first leg and you injure yourself. I'm sure the producers loved watching you totally destroy the wheel and likely the rest of the suspension on that 4x4. And grow some hair...you both look like Uncle Fester. Predict early departure
My brother and I watched and said: "These guys are how we'd run the race." I.E. POORLY! :D

Uchenna & Joyce: You won once with an incredible amount of luck with a plane flight into Miami. Can you do it again? You need to play a little better but hang in there. Predict final 5 or 4 finish
I hope final 3. I still love these two. I just wish they bloody adopt a kid or two. They want kids, obviously can't have their own--just adopt and raise a family of nice people!

David & Mary: You are about as dumb as John Vito and Jill. Not because you can't follow directions, but you are already burning bridges with other teams when it likely would gain you absolutely nothing.
Eh. The beauty queens were never going to help David and Mary, and they made sure that the BQ's didn't get the better flight. I'm okay with it.

Charla & Mirna: Your here for comic relief. I'm sorry. Your not expected to do well. You aren't the brightest crayons in the box. You won't make it 1/2 way through the season. Your only saving grace is that there are a few other worse teams then yours that will go first.
They're still whiners. But I like Charla for her "I can do anything" attitude.

Rob & Amber: Media wh%#$s. I hope you get eliminated next. But you won't. Some obscure goat herder in outer Mongolia will recognize you from the Rob & Amber Reality TV channel and offer to show you a magical way to teleport instantly between points on the earth. I hope you don't make it half way though the season, but I imagine you probably will be in final 3 unfortunately.
I'm sorry--I think they're the best players, and I love watching them in games like this. (Them getting married or some show about becoming a poker player? BORING! But this--they're great at it.)

I wouldn't mind them winning.

Eric & Danielle: Mmmm Double Ds. Oh wait, that was a past season. It's too bad you couldn't bring your friend back Danielle. You don't have your boyish good look team Eric and you can't play the "we're good looking but ditzy blondes" act Dannielle. Predict mid season departure.
Guys with nipple ring hoops are odd. Just sayin'.

Joe & Bill: Please put the flaming gayness out. Your annoying. Bye early mid-round.
Eh, it's not as bad as some teams I've seen. They just seem to be an affectionate couple, but not all "Ewww! A bug! EEEEK!" The other gay-ish team of "best friends" seems more flamey.

Dustin & Kandice: Mmm. Your everything I remembered and missed the final legs of last season. Pace yourself, use your ass-ets to your advantage, and you can go farther then you did last season. Predict final 3.
They're nice eye candy, but something about them always rubbed me the wrong way. Still, I hope they stay a long time for nice drama and nice tank tops. :D

·
Hall Of Fame
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Capmeister said:
Eh. The beauty queens were never going to help David and Mary, and they made sure that the BQ's didn't get the better flight. I'm okay with it.
Oh I know they were never going to help. But it's too early to start with the lying and deception. And it was a really bad lie to begin with. It's like when your kid looks at you with chocolate cake all over his face saying "I don't know who ate the cake". You can easily see through it.

At one point in time one of them says to the other something and it's muffled. We had to play it back several times as it sounded like "Lets go Frodo." Charla defintely gets bonus points for her "I can do anything" attitude. The problem is that I think sometimes it's that same attitude that might cost them time. Given two paths, I think she would take the harder path regular sized people might take but takes longer just for pride, although the easier path would get there sooner. There is nothing wrong with that, but you need to look at what's best for the team, not your pride if you want to win.

I'm sorry--I think they're the best players, and I love watching them in games like this. (Them getting married or some show about becoming a poker player? BORING! But this--they're great at it.)

I wouldn't mind them winning.
I never said that I didn't think they weren't the best players. I just hope he doesn't win. They have had their 15 minutes of fame enough times. I think the best strategy for the other teams is to play the best they can and wait for the opportune time to stick it to Rob/Amber, as oppose to trying at every turn to put them behind.

They're nice eye candy, but something about them always rubbed me the wrong way.
<Insert joke about them never being able to "rub" you the wrong way>

·
Legend/Supporter
750 Posts
tsmacro said:
Wow either you have insider info, some kind of psychicness or something!
Either way maybe you should find a bookie that'll give you some odds on who's next!:lol: I sure would've not figured those two to be the first eliminated. I figured they'd be one of the stronger teams maybe even one of the top three or four.
Well a silly name works for me.... wasn't there a Survivor contestant who decided to vote for evictees in alphabetical order? It's as logical as that I guess. :lol: And based on their general unfitness, Kevin & Drew next (unfortunately, because I liked them the first time round). Still miss the hippies.

·
Icon
869 Posts
Stinking PGA golf ran over by 1/2 hour, so the HR20 only taped the 1st half...grrrrr!!!

·
AllStar/Supporter
886 Posts
Capmeister said:

They're nice eye candy, but something about them always rubbed me the wrong way. Still, I hope they stay a long time for nice drama and nice tank tops. :D
I was very unhappy to see Charla and Mirna back, because I can't stand their whining! Last time Charla's attitude boiled down to whining to the reservation clerks, saying something like, "I really need to get on this flight--I have a doctor's appointment." Not as independent as she'd like to portray. :rolleyes:

I know that Dustin and Kandace weren't favorites, but I thought they raced hard and were picked on unfairly. I think they got farther than any other 2-women teams, so I'll be interested to see how they do.

I, too, would never have picked John Vito and Jill to be eliminated first. I thought it was going to be Kevin and Drew, but I had my fingers crossed that it might be Charla and Mirna. :)

Would anyone watch if Flo was invited back?? :lol:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.