DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw "The Artist" yesterday. It's now one of my favorite films of all time.

It's got a great story, great acting, and great cinematography. I absolutely loved it, and I think it's a shoo-in for the Best Picture Oscar!

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
I still need to see this, but I will say that it took a lot of guts to make this film. Silent, B&W and in Academy Ratio?

Of course no movie "makes money", but so far The Artist has brought in $28 million which isn't bad. I know people that won't watch It's a Wonderful Life just because it's not (the good copy anyway) is in B&W. It's a shame because they miss out on some great films. Metropolis, The General, Nosferatu, and a whole plethora of B&W talkies.

· Godfather
521 Posts
I know people that won't watch It's a Wonderful Life just because it's not (the good copy anyway) is in B&W.
I know people who won't watch anything on television unless it's in high def. It does not surprise me that there are those who won't watch B&W programming. Manyt of my best loved movies are in B&W. The whole Thin Man series for one.

Do the people you are talkiing about only watch the part of The Wizard of Oz thats in color?:)

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
Agreed. I've heard multiple people (mostly men) say they were dragged to this movie, and came out enjoying it. It really is a great film.

It was kind of odd seeing John Goodman and James Cromwell, you almost forget that it is a modern film.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.