DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Godfather
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When watching a recorded program, the "eye" continue doing whatever the privious action was. Ex. When I FF, the lights continues to spin after I press play. It continues forever. IF I press pause, the lights fade in and out after play back has started and until the next button is pressed. No button will fix this. It is somewhat annoying.
Aby info? Thanks.

Software 10EB

·
Hall Of Fame
2,777 Posts
You could just shut off the lights on the eye. On the DVR (doesn't work from the remote), while the DVR is on, press the left and right arrows at the same time. You'll see the intensity change - it reduces in intensity on each subsequent push - and you can reduce it to the point where it's not lit at all. One note, though, as with much on this DVR, timing is everything. You need to hit both buttons at exactly the same time. My 300 is more sensitive to that than my 500, btw.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,353 Posts
Red buttom reset.

BTW, I have seen it posted a few times that the blue light dimmer only works on the Front panel (Might even be in FAQ that way). Mine works from the remote as well. Comes in handy when the room lights go to home-theater mode and you don't want the big blue eye on.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
The eye is always watching...especially when you ask it to do something crazy involving recording or playback.

Beware of the blue eye...

·
Mentor
45 Posts
jpl said:
You could just shut off the lights on the eye. On the DVR (doesn't work from the remote), while the DVR is on, press the left and right arrows at the same time. You'll see the intensity change - it reduces in intensity on each subsequent push - and you can reduce it to the point where it's not lit at all. One note, though, as with much on this DVR, timing is everything. You need to hit both buttons at exactly the same time. My 300 is more sensitive to that than my 500, btw.
My R15-300 can shut the eye off from the remote,I just press the left and right arrow buttons by the select button....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.