DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So according to the other thread (on the other site) the Hopper Plus and the new Joeys are now available in the Seattle market. I thought I should pass that info along, just in case anyone wants to test these and report back here.
Yeah buddy! News on my front is they will be out by this summer. When I get a more accurate release date I will be sure to inform you guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
For clarity, it's available in Atlanta, Denver, LA, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Salt Lake DMAs.

Existing customers have upgrade fees that very.. on the high end, 100 for Plus, 25 for either version of Joey 4.0. Broadband of course is required. And monthly rates are the same.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are coming in July.
...or apparently already available in the following markets:
For clarity, it's available in Atlanta, Denver, LA, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Salt Lake DMAs.
Yet we've only heard about it being in the Seattle DMA up to your post.
Unless that was only a limited release back in April, and Dish has already pulled them again until the July nationwide release?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the Hopper Plus and two Joey 4s installed this week. It's been nothing but one glitch after another. Should have waited a year until they beta tested these. The Hopper Plus may or may not display the home screen when you turn it on. The tech figured out a workaround is to press Channel Up on the remote to get live TV to work when you turn it on. 4K HDR content does not display on the new Joeys. An error message comes on saying it can't display 4k content. Customer support has little to no information and said the info they were given says the new Joeys don't support 4k and the have no fix. Twitter CS said they sent some reports to Tech Ops but it will be months before any fixes are included in a software update.

·
Registered
150 Posts
4K HDR content does not display on the new Joeys. An error message comes on saying it can't display 4k content. Customer support has little to no information and said the info they were given says the new Joeys don't support 4k and the have no fix. Twitter CS said they sent some reports to Tech Ops but it will be months before any fixes are included in a software update.
When you get the error message, have you tried resetting the Joey? Unplug it from the power outlet for about a minute, then plug it back in. After it reboots, 4K HDR should work just fine. If this workaround does not work for you, let us know, so we may further assist you with getting this solved. Thank you!

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
Pretty standard Android TV. It seems like the posters are awfully large unless this is a relatively small TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you get the error message, have you tried resetting the Joey? Unplug it from the power outlet for about a minute, then plug it back in. After it reboots, 4K HDR should work just fine. If this workaround does not work for you, let us know, so we may further assist you with getting this solved. Thank you!
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next week when some 4k programming is on. I wish between calling, message chatting and Twitter that anyone in customer service would have advised that but none of them have any information about this equipment.

·
Godfather
427 Posts
I had the Hopper Plus and two Joey 4s installed this week. It's been nothing but one glitch after another. Should have waited a year until they beta tested these. The Hopper Plus may or may not display the home screen when you turn it on. The tech figured out a workaround is to press Channel Up on the remote to get live TV to work when you turn it on. 4K HDR content does not display on the new Joeys. An error message comes on saying it can't display 4k content. Customer support has little to no information and said the info they were given says the new Joeys don't support 4k and the have no fix. Twitter CS said they sent some reports to Tech Ops but it will be months before any fixes are included in a software update.
have you noticed any improvement in the picture?
that was one of the reasons that I was considering this set up

21 - 40 of 50 Posts