DBSTalk Forum banner
361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Legend
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Welp, my daughter is gonna be pissed once she finds out... She watches Lucha Underground and several other shows on El Rey.
yeah, i don't think Lucha Underground is coming back as some of that show's wrestling talents have gone to AEW, WWE, and Impact Wrestling.

Sent from my Coolpad 3632A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
yeah, i don't think Lucha Underground is coming back as some of that show's wrestling talents have gone to AEW, WWE, and Impact Wrestling.

Sent from my Coolpad 3632A using Tapatalk
According to the all mighty knowledge base Wikipedia the last episode of Season 4 aired on November 7, 2018 and hasn't been renewed.

Reactions: mhking

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sundance TV will be moving from channel 557 to channel 239 (Audience's old slot) on October 21, 2020.

Past updates:
  • LoveWorld USA (SD) no longer broadcasting on channel 366 as of September 15, 2020. Programming can be streamed from their website.
  • Victory moved to channel 366 on the same date. It was previously using two slots normally for paid programming.
Upcoming updates:
  • CleoTV is supposed to launch at some point in the future. Was announced along with Black News Channel that was added in August on channel 342.

·
Legend
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
it's been a while since this thread got some action so here goes.

all Fox Sports RSNs have been rebranded to Bally Sports as of today March 31.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

·
AllStar
1,399 Posts
Does anyone know what-and when-was the last programmer added in HD by AT&T's DirecTV?
Just noticed this morning (and have no idea how long it's been there) - Mn "local" mkt - TPT Channel 17 PBS affiliate is now in HD.

That gives us two HD TPT channels, in addition to the two "HD" rural Mn affiliates we've had for a number of years, making a total of four HD Mn PBS stations on DirecTV now.

(It seems though, that the 17+ low-def ("Mn" channel subchannel has been removed, where there used to be two low-def channels 17 there, one old MPEG2 main and the subchannel was low-def MPEG4.)

I do recall that the guide indicators had listed some programming on 17 as HD for the last few years, but that channel was never in HD on DirecTV until much more recently.

·
AllStar
2,164 Posts
Just noticed this morning (and have no idea how long it's been there) - Mn "local" mkt - TPT Channel 17 PBS affiliate is now in HD.

That gives us two HD TPT channels, in addition to the two "HD" rural Mn affiliates we've had for a number of years, making a total of four HD Mn PBS stations on DirecTV now.

(It seems though, that the 17+ low-def ("Mn" channel subchannel has been removed, where there used to be two low-def channels 17 there, one old MPEG2 main and the subchannel was low-def MPEG4.)

I do recall that the guide indicators had listed some programming on 17 as HD for the last few years, but that channel was never in HD on DirecTV until much more recently.
Try having your receiver show all channels (not hide SD duplicates) and see if the other channel 17 is there. Once in a while, that will work to show a SD channel that got accidentally hidden, like it does now with Bally Sports Ohio/Cincinnati. It is possible that it is just not there anymore.

Just curious, and a guess, TPT - Twin Cities Public Television?

·
AllStar
1,399 Posts
Try having your receiver show all channels (not hide SD duplicates) and see if the other channel 17 is there. Once in a while, that will work to show a SD channel that got accidentally hidden, like it does now with Bally Sports Ohio/Cincinnati. It is possible that it is just not there anymore.

Just curious, and a guess, TPT - Twin Cities Public Television?
Correct on the TPT question.

Just did the show all channels thing. The TPT Mn sub channel is still missing.

However, the Channel 17 SD still has HD markings in the guide (so that much hasn't changed).

Still appreciate having another HD channel, though. It's 1080i, too. (The rural ones are 720p, the first one years ago having paved the way of "dumbing-down" to 720p and cramming 5 or 6 SD sub channels into the same signal for its OTA service.

(I think the Twin Cities are able to spread their sub channels out between two stations, so they can keep 1080 on the mains.)

I noticed in the guide info toward the top of the screen that the HD channel is still listed as 17-2 (the one that's missing, I believe). See attached pic:

Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
285 Posts
Speaking of Bally Sports earlier, when are we ever going to get Bally Sports Ohio in HD? It's long since the only RSN not available full-time in HD. Been ridiculous for years.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,268 Posts
the thread will be helpful for other , when you'll post about _adding_ the channels to DTV lineup...

·
Legend
150 Posts
What is this I hear about Directv removing A&E, History, Lifetime, and Vice channels from the Entertainment package on 12/08/21?

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
O entertainment package ... so not any others?

I saw an opt in thread but nothing about removal

Haven't gotten my monthly statement yet ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
Great guide data on 669 right now (Cavaliers @ Timberwolves).

It’s actually Bucks @ Rockets playing. Thank god my autorecord picked it up on 756 even though I don’t sub to LP.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Great guide data on 669 right now (Cavaliers @ Timberwolves).

It's actually Bucks @ Rockets playing. Thank god my autorecord picked it up on 756 even though I don't sub to LP.
So judging by your Packers headline on your profile, is it safe to say that you are a Timberwolves fan, and you are able to get the games without the NBA package because you live in Minnesota?

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
So judging by your Packers headline on your profile, is it safe to say that you are a Timberwolves fan, and you are able to get the games without the NBA package because you live in Minnesota?
Actually the opposite. I'm a Bucks fan in the Milwaukee DMA. The Guide data was wrong for the game last night- incorrectly stating the teams (Cavs at Wolves). 669 is Bally Sports WI, where the Bucks game is usually on and was what was showing last night.

Luckily I have Bucks on Autorecord Wishlist and not season pass on 669 so it picked up the game mirrored on 756 (Bucks broadcast).

·
Registered
740 Posts
Actually the opposite. I'm a Bucks fan in the Milwaukee DMA. The Guide data was wrong for the game last night- incorrectly stating the teams (Cavs at Wolves). 669 is Bally Sports WI, where the Bucks game is usually on and was what was showing last night.

Luckily I have Bucks on Autorecord Wishlist and not season pass on 669 so it picked up the game mirrored on 756 (Bucks broadcast).
OK, I read that wrong, this is why I wish I could get my sports autorecord working again, whether is a guide error or ESPN pulling your team at the last minute.

·
Legend
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 · (Edited)
2 major changes to the line up since New Year's Day.

1. NBCSN on channel 220 has been shut down on January 1st as NBCUniversal phased the network out in favor of airing sports content on Peacock, CNBC and USA Network and NBC for non-golf related content, Golf will remain on Golf Channel and NBC. right now the channel is still active as a loop to tell viewers to tune into USA for live sports, I'm sure that loop will shut down by the end of the month.

2. DIY Network on channel 230 has rebranded to the Magnolia Network, this rebrand was intended to happen in 2020, it finally happened on January 5th.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 383 Posts