DBSTalk Forum banner
381 - 400 of 415 Posts

·
Icon
1,508 Posts
Is there a good chance GAC Living will get added?

This used to Ride TV.

Great American Country (GAC) rebranded to GAC Family.

GAC Family, for original movies, is trying to compete against Hallmark Channel (and that group).

GAC Living has programming similar to HGTV, Magnolia Network, Food Network, and Cooking Channel.

I don’t know about any contractual details between DirecTV and, apparently, GAC Media.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,608 Posts

·
AllStar
2,189 Posts
Not only is RT America dropped from Directv on ch 321, I saw today that the channel has ceased operations. I understand why, but it was also interesting seeing what the enemy was saying, even though it was 100% garbage.

·
Legend
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
don't forget, OAN and AWE will be removed from DirecTV's lineup soon.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,429 Posts
Not only is RT America dropped from Directv on ch 321, I saw today that the channel has ceased operations.
Subsequent rumor suggests that the service was taken down by hackers rather than shut down by management.

·
Super Moderator
53,483 Posts
Subsequent rumor suggests that the service was taken down by hackers rather than shut down by management.
You read it on Facebook / Reddit / Twitter so it must be true?

The announcement of the channel shut down (for financial reasons) came before the signal was cut.

I am surprised that they were being paid for their channel ... or at least paid enough that they could not continue without payment from the distributors.

·
Legend
622 Posts
Looking at the DirecTV Program Guide this AM it looks like Channel One Russia (Channel 2140), the top Russian commercial network, is no longer being carried, all listings "To be announced". The US distributor of Channel One Russia is no longer providing this service in the USA, according to posts on Twitter.

Also a 2nd Russian Channel, M1, on Channel 2143 also has all listings as "To be announced". I don't have the Russian package so don't know if it is still on the air.

The US distributor of Channel One Russia also stopped carrying 2 other Russian networks, RTN and THT Russia, but these apparently were not been carried by DTV.

·
Icon
3,278 Posts
I see those those channels (2140) in my guide I dont subscribe getting 721 error but I still see stuff in the guide...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,608 Posts
I wonder if any DBSTalkers sub to those channels? I don’t really care, except to answer your question. Also I don’t see an option to add that package on my online account.

I do see an option to block all the Russian channels in my guide so I don’t see them when scrolling!

Reactions: BigRedFan

·
Icon
3,278 Posts
... didn't know there was a block by language / country option

I know there's hid SD duplicate and hide adult channels

Or the manual block channels is that what your describing? (Parental controls- channel blocks )

·
Icon
3,278 Posts
Interesting, I just checked and I get some of those channels in the 2000 range, I wonder if it's just me or everyone with a 5 LNB dish ?

The channels I'm able to view are : 2040, 2049, 2053, 2095, 2119

·
Legend
622 Posts
I see those those channels (2140) in my guide I dont subscribe getting 721 error but I still see stuff in the guide...

Yes, titles are back on Ch. 2140, no longer "to be announced".... But Ch. 2143 is still "to be announced".

If the US distributor stopped carrying Channel One Russia how would DirecTV be able to carry it ? Someone here who subscribes to Russian package would be able to say if channel is still on.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,608 Posts
... didn't know there was a block by language / country option

I know there's hid SD duplicate and hide adult channels

Or the manual block channels is that what your describing? (Parental controls- channel blocks )

It’s custom channels in the guide.

·
Super Moderator
53,483 Posts
There was a website denial of service attack last week against RT but no interruption of the channel itself. The website was quickly restored and remains up for anyone desiring to read their viewpoints.

I checked in on the channel a couple of times within the past week ... once they were playing an old Dennis Miller show the other time they were showing the State of the Union. The video quality was poor (SD) and I did not watch long enough to see any comments on the current situation in Ukraine. I did read a few of the headlines on the RT site.

·
Legend
622 Posts
All Russian channels are now gone on DirecTV. No more Russian Language package. Channels 2140 thru 2148 (9 channels) all say "This channel is no longer available."

So the info from last week was correct, that the US distributor had dropped carriage of the Russian channels last Thursday. It just took DirecTV a little longer to get the memo.

381 - 400 of 415 Posts