DBSTalk Forum banner
421 - 440 of 480 Posts

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Looks like Grit (ch 81) and Bounce (ch 82) have been added. I have the XTRA package and get them both.
Cozi TV is reportedly scheduled to go live 09/15 on channel 80.

Reactions: Nate.O'Brien

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Awesome! Any rumors about Antenna TV?
Not sure if Antenna TV has a national feed. In order for the classic TV show sub-channels to be on DTV they need to have a national feed. Unless one of them are on a main channel that DTV carries. I think all the Weigel Broadcasting channels have one since H&I is on DTV Stream. Charge! TV has one since its on Sling TV and the Stirr TV APP has it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure if Antenna TV has a national feed. In order for the classic TV show sub-channels to be on DTV they need to have a national feed. I think all the Weigel Broadcasting channels have one since H&I is on DTV Stream. Charge! TV has one since its on Sling TV and the Stirr TV APP has it.
Thanks. What are the chances of MeTV being added? It’s a Weigel channel that’s on FrndlyTV and maybe some other streaming apps.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thanks. What are the chances of MeTV being added? It’s a Weigel channel that’s on FrndlyTV and maybe some other streaming apps.
Not sure. DTV Stream has H&I so maybe DTV could add METV and H&I. I have METV on Channel 24 on DTV. It's one of our local stations in St. Louis. I edited my last post because I forgot that DTV can carry the Classic TV show sub-channel if it's on a main channel that DTV carries. In L.A. DTV has H&I on Channel 20.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Looks like DirecTV is just adding the DirecTV Stream channels it doesn't have. Since TXD16 says DTV is getting Cozi TV on 9/15. DirecTV Stream has Cozi TV, H&I, Bounce and Grit. Not sure where TXD16 found out DTV is getting Cozi TV? DTV Stream doesn't have the national feed of METV or Channel 24 KNLC.

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Looks like DirecTV is just adding the DirecTV Stream channels it doesn't have. Since TXD16 says DTV is getting Cozi TV on 9/15. DirecTV Stream has Cozi TV, H&I, Bounce and Grit. Not sure where TXD16 found out DTV is getting Cozi TV? DTV Stream doesn't have the national feed of METV or Channel 24 KNLC.
Actually, I didn't "find out" that DIRECTV is adding Cozi TV on 09/15, I merely stated that it was reportedly so. Time will tell.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,524 Posts
I realize not everyone can get OTA TV, but I don’t really see the value in adding these “netlet” channels. I can get all of them OTA, and never watch any. It is just 40 year old reruns. I would think that most people would have caught these program the first 4,000,000 times they were aired.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I realize not everyone can get OTA TV, but I don’t really see the value in adding these “netlet” channels. I can get all of them OTA, and never watch any. It is just 40 year old reruns. I would think that most people would have caught these program the first 4,000,000 times they were aired.
And many of those shows are available through free IP TV services such as Pluto, freevee etc...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,763 Posts
I realize not everyone can get OTA TV, but I don’t really see the value in adding these “netlet” channels. I can get all of them OTA, and never watch any.
In this case -- since the channels they're adding are owned by Scripps -- it's likely that the value is that DirecTV is getting more favorable contract terms to carry the Scripps-owned stations that are affiliated with the major networks.

421 - 440 of 480 Posts