441 - 460 of 480 Posts

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,725 Posts
👎

·
Icon
2,146 Posts
I realize not everyone can get OTA TV, but I don’t really see the value in adding these “netlet” channels. I can get all of them OTA, and never watch any. It is just 40 year old reruns. I would think that most people would have caught these program the first 4,000,000 times they were aired.
Because there's always value in them to somebody. Heck, I get MEtv locally (and DTV carries it) and I watch MASH and Hogans Heroes reruns when there's nothing on. So there's value

·
Icon
1,072 Posts

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Any word on adding H&I?
Haven't heard anything beyond Cozi, but since Grit, Bounce, and Cozi all showed up on DIRECTV Stream months ago, I would probably look there for any potential additional channel adds on the satellite side.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
Any idea on what, if anything, might be coming to ch 306, formerly Ion west?
Channel numbers are arbitrary -- there's no need (or benefit) to add a replacement channel with the same number.

One MPEG2 SD channel isn't enough to make room for an AVC encoded HD channel by itself. In combination with another seven MPEG2 SD channels, they could make room for another five AVC HD channels as was done earlier this year.

·
Icon
2,146 Posts
Looks like NBC Universal is shutting down the Olympic Channel on 9/30.
And it looks like their exciting new plan is a weekend afternoon Olympic oriented show on USA Network. Honestly, NBC/Universal should just turn USA Network into what NBCSN used to be. When sports is not on, all they show is L&O reruns anyway.

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Zap2it.com TV listings has Cozi TV on Channel 80 but DTV doesn't have it yet.
In a long-ago era of channel adds, DIRECTV generally added new channels very early on Wednesday mornings. Let's see if that holds true...

441 - 460 of 480 Posts