DBSTalk Forum banner
481 - 500 of 504 Posts

· Icon
3,612 Posts
I'm sure I posted already but wish D* would add that new Weather ch (en español). Kept getting an error trying to view on the "local now" app thing .

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,009 Posts

· Icon
3,612 Posts
Its free on the "local now " app just don't work half thetime . And all my TVs are hard wired ...

Anyways back 2 channels being added to D* !

· Registered
12,596 Posts
If you get MeTV on DTV, could you tell me what Channel? Thanks in advance.
It depends where you're located. In Seattle we get MeTV on Ch 44, KFFV, where it's their primary "44.1" channel. But in many markets MeTV is broadcast on a local station's subchannel, which DirecTV generally doesn't provide.

· Icon
3,612 Posts
No MeTV in Norfolk market via D*

128 Posts
In the Los Angeles market,Me-TV affiliate KAZA channel 54 is owned by Weigel Broadcasting as are a number of stations that have Me as its main channel. In our case,it’s channel 54.1/Directv channel 54.

· Hall Of Fame
2,542 Posts
In Charleston/Huntington,WV OTA WSAZ 3.2/DTV ch4 was a MY Network Television affiliate under MY Z TV. In 2009 -2015 they started broadcasting THIS TV. In 2015 WSAZ announced it’ll dropped THIS TV for MeTV on WSAZ 3.2. They did keep the MY Z TV name
more Information on this here’s a link to Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSAZ-TV
My assumption is that Grey (WSAZ) demanded that DirecTV carry 3.2 as a part of retransmission, as WSAZ is one of the most dominant local news stations in the country, and the region is very DBS dependent, consisting of 61 counties, 90% of the population being unable to get a clear OTA signal.

Which brings up a question. Sinclair (illegal owner of the market’s Fox and ABC stations) moved Fox from its own channel (11) to 8.2. I am told they did this in lots of places where they own an illegal duopoly. Fine, no body is ever going to enforce that law. But why wouldn’t Sinclair demand must carry for what it put on 11.1, which is Decades?

481 - 500 of 504 Posts