DBSTalk Forum banner
501 - 516 of 516 Posts

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,463 Posts
If you get MeTV on DTV, could you tell me what Channel?
DIRECTV doesn't offer MeTV as a national feed. If you don't see MeTV amongst your local channels (or if you don't have a local MeTV channel), DIRECTV isn't offering MeTV to you at this time.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Which brings up a question. Sinclair (illegal owner of the market’s Fox and ABC stations) moved Fox from its own channel (11) to 8.2. I am told they did this in lots of places where they own an illegal duopoly. Fine, no body is ever going to enforce that law. But why wouldn’t Sinclair demand must carry for what it put on 11.1, which is Decades?
Changing from consent to carry to must carry is not a trivial thing. There is a station in my market that gave up their Fox affiliation and was immediately dropped by Dish and DIRECTV. Their new format has not been picked up by either satellite carrier. The Fox affiliation moved to a dot two channel and it is carried by both satellite carriers.

26,463 Posts
But why wouldn’t Sinclair demand must carry for what it put on 11.1, which is Decades?
  • If Sinclair demands money, must carry status is forfeit.
  • If Sinclair doesn't demand must carry, they won't get it.

· Icon
3,690 Posts
How do we request D* add NBA crunch Time channel ? its like NBA's "red zone"

· Icon
3,690 Posts
does anyone know what's going on with NESN 4K on DirecTV ? haven't seen a bruins game in the guide in like 2 weeks now . hopefully it returns by MLB season

26,463 Posts
Link channel 375 is disconnected. Was that a PSA channel? Does DTV have to replace it with another PSA channel?

Wikipedia says that channel was indeed being treated as a Public Information (PI) channel so unless DIRECTV is surrendering some satellite bandwidth, it will need to be replaced.

It is notable that LinkTV still appears in the most recent transponder list (18-Jan-2023) even though the shutdown was scheduled for the 15th.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
The PI requirement is based on channel count, not bandwidth. DIRECTV last reported their quarterly channel count as 704. They should be filing their annual report soon (which will include the channel counts, list of carried channels and list of channels refused carriage due to capacity being full).

Last year's annual report stated an average 716.25 channels carried, a requirement to offer carriage to 28.65 channels and a list of 29 channels carried and five channels who were refused carriage due to capacity full. 704 channels would require carriage of 28.16 channels. If they round up Link TV will need to be replaced.

Link TV was paying DIRECTV $5000 per month for carriage. DIRECTV charges either $5000 per month or $0 depending on the channel.

(Link TV remains on DISH, receiving two feeds for $7881 per month. I do not know when the DISH contract will renew/expire.)

· Icon
3,690 Posts
It appeared as a normal channel to me .

(I didn't check the transponder maps or anything, but loaded normal... the streaming channels I will see a loading screen 1st)

501 - 516 of 516 Posts