DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gulfwarvet said:
i liked the show but then again i didn't at the same time.

ok, so they went with the Ford Mustang with the new series instead of the FireBird (which i can live with). but when they decided to make Kitt become like a Transformer and transform into a F-150 that's a little over the top.
It could have been worse. They could have started with an XKE: ;)

Attachments

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
gulfwarvet said:
i liked the show but then again i didn't at the same time.
Thought it was brutal. No way this show makes it through the season.

Richard King said:
It could have been worse. They could have started with an XKE: ;)
Don't be dissin' Harold.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Richard King said:
Ditto

"Harold!!! That was your last date!!!!" :lol:
You know when the first episode discussion thread ends up being about a 40-year-old movie, the show is going nowhere.

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the SD DVD and still love it. I saw it twice at the Westgate Theater in suburban Minneapolis. I still remember the (very) short before H&M was "Bambi Meets Godzilla".
:lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/trivia
Harold and Maude played for a total of 1,957 showings from mid-1972 until June 1974 at the Westgate Theater in Edina, Minnesota. Ruth Gordon appeared for the first anniversary celebration and both Gordon and Cort showed up for the second anniversary.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
spartanstew said:
One of my all-time favorites movies that just happens to contain my all-time favorite soundtrack. Josef Islam rules.
Agreed! I have every album from Josef Islam past life (as Cat Stevens) and I can not think of a single song that was in 'Harold & Maude' that would not make it in my personal All-time favorites list.

I have watched 'Harold & Maude' quite a few times and I think it really takes a warped mind (such as my own) to really appreciate it.

As for Knight Rider, You just can not go out a remake a hit TV show (movie, song) and expect to be anywhere near the caliber as the original.

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mentioned this in the vinyl thread a while ago, but Cat Stevens recorded much of his "Izitso" album at a studio (Sound 80) in Minneapolis. I heard from people who took part in the sessions that he was rather hard to get along with. He "locked out" the studio (bought an extended time period) and had all sorts of cosmetic modifications done to the main studio. He also brought his chef and I guess had him cook up some REALLY stinky food that went through the whole building. But, hey, I liked his music too and I guess Izitso is considered quite highly by the audiophile crowd.

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
You know when the first episode discussion thread ends up being about a 40-year-old movie, the show is going nowhere.
larryk said:
Yes, but a great movie...
I had the pleasure of turning an 18 year old free spriit onto Harold and Maude recently. You won't be surprised he got it immediately.

Psychiatrist: Tell me, Harold, how many of these, eh, *suicides* have you performed?
Harold: An accurate number would be difficult to gauge.
Psychiatrist: Well, just give me a rough estimate.
Harold: A rough estimate? I'd say fifteen.
Psychiatrist: Fifteen?
Harold: That's a rough estimate.
Psychiatrist: Were they all done for your mother's benefit?
Harold: No. No, I would not say "benefit."

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This really is up there with my all time favorite movies. I really think you have to be somewhat sick to enjoy it, but I guess that would include me. :lol:

By the way, Mr Spock, your sig is quite appropriate for this thread. :)

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
Richard King said:
I mentioned this in the vinyl thread a while ago, but Cat Stevens recorded much of his "Izitso" album at a studio (Sound 80) in Minneapolis. I heard from people who took part in the sessions that he was rather hard to get along with. He "locked out" the studio (bought an extended time period) and had all sorts of cosmetic modifications done to the main studio. He also brought his chef and I guess had him cook up some REALLY stinky food that went through the whole building. But, hey, I liked his music too and I guess Izitso is considered quite highly by the audiophile crowd.
Would not surprise me one bit. Cat Stevens, the man and his music really started to kind of go off the deep end just before he left the music industry and embraced the Islamic way of life.
There are some who still believe that Carly Simon's, "Your so vein" was actually about Cat Stevens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.