DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed the update last night. I'm bummed.

I noticed many people were so thrilled with Earl and DBSTalk.com (rightly so, I might add) that they were joining up and spending the $15.00 to support DBSTalk. I think that is a great idea - and I will likely pony up myself regardless of the fact my big issue isn't OTA or networking.

But I am willing to bet that if Earl can get us some kind of official"ISH" information on the expectations we should have for Dual Live Buffers, you would see many more people willing to pitch in.

Info like: Is it even coming? If so, when? If not, why?

Anyone besides me want to commit to that?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Sorry to say... the little elves at the north poll are working on other items.

Maybe the Easter Bunny... but it certainly isn't going to be Santa 2006

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:

I knew this - the title was another failed attempt at sarcasm.

My point is more along the lines of:

We have no info whatsoever about expectations on this feature. We "figure" D* is going to work on it because of the demand, but we really don't know if it's on the radar or not.

That's all I want to know. Is it in the pipeline - and what's the priority.

·
Godfather
304 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
I knew this - the title was another failed attempt at sarcasm.

My point is more along the lines of:

We have no info whatsoever about expectations on this feature. We "figure" D* is going to work on it because of the demand, but we really don't know if it's on the radar or not.

That's all I want to know. Is it in the pipeline - and what's the priority.
Something intime for the NCAA tournament would be nice. I make excellent use of the dual buffers during the opening rounds together with the Directv tournament package. And since there are 4 games on at once I can't use the workarounds that have been mentioned.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One last note on this:

I am pretty darn sure that i will care less about my TIVO once we have a good implementation of Dual Live Buffers.

The combo of DLB and the new faster 30 second slip may make this box far superior to the old TIVO.

I've done alot of crying in the past about missing TIVO. (Before they sent down the improved 30 second skip.)

Adding DLB will cement the deal for me, that is, that D* heard and listened. I know everyone is all excited about OTA right now, but to me, this this the killer feature.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
One last note on this:

I am pretty darn sure that i will care less about my TIVO once we have a good implementation of Dual Live Buffers.

The combo of DLB and the new faster 30 second slip may make this box far superior to the old TIVO.

I've done alot of crying in the past about missing TIVO. (Before they sent down the improved 30 second skip.)

Adding DLB will cement the deal for me, that is, that D* heard and listened. I know everyone is all excited about OTA right now, but to me, this this the killer feature.
I echo these sentiments. I am patient, and we have improved the stability, and now getting OTA is obvously a piority. I pledge right here I will donate $50 to DBStalk in the name of EARL when Dual buffers are added!!!!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

Cool. Now I can start the rumor that we'll have DLB by Easter! :D:grin:

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
tfederov said:
Cool. Now I can start the rumor that we'll have DLB by Easter! :D:grin:
Earl cant win can he......:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jheda said:
Depends on how you keep score:

I would call it a victory if you are counting the number of new members that signed up yesterday and today to support this forum.

I'd say that the lack of support for this thread is the loser here. :(

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
NYHeel said:
Something intime for the NCAA tournament would be nice. I make excellent use of the dual buffers during the opening rounds together with the Directv tournament package. And since there are 4 games on at once I can't use the workarounds that have been mentioned.
I'd rather all games be HD this year...cheap ass CBS. :(

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
jheda said:
Sure he can.... he can say something like Easter 2087! :D

·
DBSTalk Club Member
105 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
One last note on this:

Same here. In a lot of ways, the HR20 is better than Tivo now in my opinion. But dual live buffers is a big deal for me. I just can't cut the Tivo loose yet because of the lack of DLB on the HR20.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
Yes, good call. Thanks to Santa, all is wonderful (except that I missed the windown!). Let's have DLB for March Madness -- better yet, for the ACC Tournament. Four straight days of overloaded DLBs - yes, yes, yes!

·
Godfather
439 Posts
richlife said:
Yes, good call. Thanks to Santa, all is wonderful (except that I missed the windown!). Let's have DLB for March Madness -- better yet, for the ACC Tournament. Four straight days of overloaded DLBs - yes, yes, yes!
You speak such lovely words! Except for the UNC part. GO DUKE!!! ;)

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
DLB is #1 on every single survey, poll, message board that I have seen. I believe that it is even more important to people (in general) than OTA - those with no MPEG4 will surely disagree with that statement. I believe that DirecTV will do everything in it's power to make this work. Easter would be great! (more rumor propagation :) )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.