DBSTalk Forum banner

The new vampire craze

591 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LisaS 
#1 ·
What with the success of the Twilight series of books and films and also since it seems the CW has a hit show on its hands in The Vampire Diaries, has anyone read or heard any rumors of Moonlight being picked back up? I know Alex O'Laughlin is already back to work on Three Rivers, but I wonder if it could be possible to have him doing double duty?

#2 ·
It appears that Sophia Myles and even Jason Dohring would have the time.

So far "Three Rivers" ratings are below standard for CBS. We'll see how it does after NFL season, but next year Alex might be available for a "Moonlight" season 2 if, say USA or Syfy, were interested.;)

#4 ·
Ha ha. CBS is so stupid. Instead of giving a show, Moonlight, with a loyal following a chance to build an audience they cancel it, even though the whole vampire craze was already starting then and any decent Exec should have seen that coming. Now they still have jack squat in that time slot.

I really liked Moonlight and my wife loved it (the ladies love some Alex McLaughlin ;) ). I am sure it would be doing better now.

#5 ·
There are fans still fighting for a Moonlight movie on the following boards
1: Moonlight Army
2: MoonlightAdoringFans
3: Worldwide Moonlighters
Plus there are fans fighting for a Moonlight movie who don't go to the boards at all who are over at Facebook, MySpace and Twitter

Joel Silver no longer owns any rights to Moonlight. Warner Brothers currently owns all the rights to Moonlight and we have been writing and emailing them and leaving feedback at the Warner Bros website. Fans gave gotten replies back from them including a very positive reply letter back from the CEO of Warner Brothers. I've been told that getting a letter back from the CEO is never done and one of the show's creators said that is a very good thing.
There has been discussion about also writing to CBS Films as well considering Alex is currently under contract with CBS

Jason Dohring and Sophia Myles are not doing anything at the moment. David Blue said recently in a Fan Q&A that he and Alex have talked about a movie and he is always reminding Alex that he'd love for them to reprise their roles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.