DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you listen to the Nick and Artie Show then you probably heard comedian Artie Lange slip the announcement in the other night that his nightly radio show with fellow comedian Nick DiPaolo will finally debut their Live Audience Network TV Simulcast (10p-1am Eastern Time) on July 16th from their beautiful SoHo loft/mancave.

It hasn't been formally announced on the show, but Artie let the cat out of the bag on the show the other night, while talking about the new studio/man-cave.

I'm a huge fan of the show and those guys so I can't wait.

If you haven't heard the show, it's basically two comedians riffing about sports, current events, and food. Often, their comedian buddies call-into the show. It's pretty good.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I have no idea what he's like by himself, but I've seen Nick subbing on the Dan Patrick Show and he seemed to do a decent job.

I'm not sure I could take a regular diet of him, but won't know until I take a look.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,359 Posts
My exposure to Nick DiPaolo is limited to his appearances on "The Smoking Gun Presents Worlds Dumbest...". His role there is comic commentary. It sounds like the radio show is in that same vein.

I liked Artie on the old Stern show, but he wasn't expected to carry the show.

I'm not marking my calendar or anything but at some point I'll probably check it out when I'm searching for something to entertain me now that I know it'll be out there.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was a big fan of Artie on the Stern show, wasn't a huge fan of Nick DiPaolo before (I don't particularly agree with a lot of his opinions) but I've slowly become a fan of the show. Nick sorta drives the show, Artie plays second fiddle. That's sort of how it should be, and it turns out pretty well.

The interviews are what make the show though.

·
Icon
691 Posts
spartanstew said:
Artie Lange?

No thanks. Besides, I thought he killed himself.
Yeah, I thought Artie died. Guess it wasn't successful. What's he up to these days - 400lbs?

·
Icon
554 Posts
Saw Artie and Nick talking for the Cameras at the Damages Season 5 Launch Party.

Said show debuts in August on the Audience Network.

I want to say the 13th but don't hold me to that part.

August is definite though.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
I used to think I liked Artie, until I realized the Stern show was much better without him. Now when I listen to old episodes with Artie, I find him unbearable. He's always trying to shoehorn his own stories into just about any conversation. On a personal note, I wish him well, not sure I'll be checking this show out though.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,359 Posts
Didn't Artie get suspended for urinating on the studior floor or something?

That seems more like content geared more for TV than radio.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Months later I've started watching and the show is hitting its stride.

The visual of ther "announcer" Mike Buchetti is consistently funny. And then the addition of those twins is pretty funny too. Artie and Nick's interactions with all three of them are good. Nick always looks annoyed at something; he's taking to the straight man role better than before with more characters around.

I'd say the show is a keeper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.