DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this problem referenced in other threads and now it has become a recurring issue with my HR20.

Since receiving the latest software update, I have had to twice perform red button resets to recover both video and audio signals to my monitor from the HR20. For some unexplained reason, after turning the unit on, there will be no picture or sound, however the menus will display and respond correctly to the remote control, including the program guide, setup, etc. Recordings are also fine as well, but the unit is not sending a video or audio signal to the monitor. Changing channels or turning the unit off and then on again does not correct the problem. Only a reset will. Are others experiencing this? Only started happening since the last software upgrade. I have checked all my signal strengths for satellite and OTA and they are fine. System test reports no problems.....

·
Legend
241 Posts
DeanS said:
I have seen this problem referenced in other threads and now it has become a recurring issue with my HR20.

Since receiving the latest software update, I have had to twice perform red button resets to recover both video and audio signals to my monitor from the HR20. For some unexplained reason, after turning the unit on, there will be no picture or sound, however the menus will display and respond correctly to the remote control, including the program guide, setup, etc. Recordings are also fine as well, but the unit is not sending a video or audio signal to the monitor. Changing channels or turning the unit off and then on again does not correct the problem. Only a reset will. Are others experiencing this? Only started happening since the last software upgrade. I have checked all my signal strengths for satellite and OTA and they are fine. System test reports no problems.....
How are you sending audio and video? HDMI, component, optical, etc.? It may make a difference.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
237 Posts
Happened here once so far - Had to reset. Mpeg4 locals did come in however - nothing else. All others were as you described.

Was even able to reset from the menu as oppposed to red button.

·
Legend
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Component for the video, optical audio to the AV receiver and analog audio (RCA) to the monitor...thanks. Really, there just is no picture or sound on almost all channels (Satellite or OTA), except maybe ONE station will appear (MPEG-4) when this issue happens. Can only correct it through a red button reset.....

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Same here. I lost video and audio on all channels except for hd channels. Had to reset to recover. I have componet for viceo, optical to av receiver and rca to tv. Has happend only once right after installing 108

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.