DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
MERGER QUESTION: With the additional capacity that the merger will bring, will you provide additional West coast feeds of channels that provide them, such as SciFi Channel, Cartoon Network, and such?

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
When Thomson going to start getting involved? and no I dont mean by those RCA branded 301s RatShack has. I mean Bona fied Thomson hardware!

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by SParker
hey is there a way I can pay my monthly bill automatically? HAHAHA j/k :wave:
Yeah I wondered that myself. It's such a pain having to write a check every month. Maybe they could have some way to do it by credit card. :D

G

·
Hey Chuck...when is the compression going to be reduced so we can get some decent PQ? Its a tough sell to show my friends how great DishNetwork is when the screen is pixelating constantly. At the last tech talk the E* engineer mentioned that PQ "might" improve for the AT100 when E*8 goes online. He didn't sound very confident or sure about the PQ improving. When will this issue be resolved? And don't tell me about the merger and additional bandwidth...blah...blah...blah...because the merger is pie in the sky stuff for now and looks less likely every day with Enron, WorldCON, Xerox, Martha Stewart/IMCLone, etc... Congress is not going to be eager to approve a huge corporate merger while creating a DBS monopoly at the same time.

Also, when are we going to get weather information similar to what the cable systems have for their subscribers? Channel 9500 isn't cutting it :(.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Is the DP keyboard compatible with the 721?

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Originally posted by Z'Loth
MERGER QUESTION: With the additional capacity that the merger will bring, will you provide additional West coast feeds of channels that provide them, such as SciFi Channel, Cartoon Network, and such?

What use would an west coast feed of Cartoon Network be?:rolling:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
How many times will the word MERGER be used in tonight's chat?:D

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by psecic

What use would an west coast feed of Cartoon Network be?:rolling:
My 5 ear old loves cartoon network, but here on the west coast that "adult swim" or soup or whatever it it starts pretty early. I'd like the west coast feed. Or why not drop the east coast feeds of some channels and replace them with west coast feeds??? :rolleyes: ;)

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Originally posted by psecic
What use would an west coast feed of Cartoon Network be? :rolling:
Don't laugh. Dish provides both east and west coast feeds of both Disney and Nick channels. In addition, the "adult swim" programming, such as it is, takes place earlier in the evening on the west coast.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
I very seriously doubt that the dishplayer keyboard will be compatible with the 721 because their regular remote is not compatible with any of dish's other receivers so I dont think the keyboard is an exception.

I wonder if the dishplayer remotes are more reliable than the blue button dish remotes? I know that the keyboard for the 721 looked very very nice and won an award(s) but they charge extra for it.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Hey - that is better - a "stick up" thread for CHAT :)

anyone knows the date yet for next Tech or Retail Chats?
maybe they ll announce anything on that on July 8 Charlie's...
:)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Or why not drop the east coast feeds of some channels and replace them with west coast feeds
Actually Lee that has already happened. Soap Net on both D* and E* is the west coast feed.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Will non Open TV recivers be updated to show locals in their OTA position ? The January Charlie Chat mentioned an upgrade and did nots eem to indicate that it was only for SOME receivers.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.