DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again for yet another Charlie Chat. The next scheduled chat is June 10th. Here is the time and channel:

Channel 101 - 9-10 pm EST

Don't forget that the official DBSTalk.Com chat room will be open during the program. http://chat.dbstalk.com

The last chat during the technical forum was a huge success and a heck of a lot of fun so I invite you to join us.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Just a note that 251 has been removed from the EPG. :) I hope that Charlie has some announcements about some new basic programming and Discovery HD. I wish he'd address the situation with Vivendi and what they are gonna be offering and when.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Darn. I won't be able to see it live due to the first day of summer classes.

Some questions which I'll probably mail off:
* What's going to haapen with the local channels located at 7xx-8xx
* Whats the status of E*8, and will we be able to watch the launch?
* When the channel gets launched this fall, will Dish carry the AMC Hollywood Classic channel in the AT150 pack.
* How about adding a "Old Time Radio Classics" audio channel?

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
don't hold your breath about discovery HD....

·
Banned
11,498 Posts

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
providing great benefits isn't up E*'s ally...lol

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I am still hearing for 2 seperate contacts regarding Discovery HD that I should stay tuned to the next Charlie Chat for the answer.

Due to the fact that Discovery Theater HD is on the new Demo loop I am thinking we will get it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Is there a website for this new AMC Hollywood Classics channel cuz I haven't heard anything about it yet? Somebody inform me.

·
Legend
102 Posts
I'd be very happy just to see The 80's audio channel go stereo. I never thought I'd say this about a Musak radio station, but this specific channel is quite good.

Wrate

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I have heard many times from people that the mono audio channels on America's Top 150 would be upgraded to stereo quality sound, but they have never given me a time frame.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I dont see that happening as Dish has no control over the quality of the music channels

·
Godfather
258 Posts
I read somewhere that AT&T Broadband customers will have the Nicktoons channel added this summer. Is there any chance of that one coming to E*? That might push me over the edge to upgrade to AT150.

·
Icon
708 Posts
Fix Distinctive Ringing Caller ID on the 501
Make a DP401 with DD and no PVR
Enable OpenTV on the 6000
Add All Sub for the 5000

·
Godfather
432 Posts
How about an explanation of why they think $550 is a fair price for the 721, especially considering their PVR track record..

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
Maybe they could actually demonstrate the 721 and explain what it can do that 2 501s can't. Enough of the teasing and remarks made in passing that hint of possible greatness. What is "Enhanced PVR"?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.