DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an aside from the discussion of the new HD rollout, I thought I would get some opinion on why HD content is lacking.

To start, as an example of excellent (JMHO) HD presentation I would use SciFi. Everything is presented in a 1080i context even the 4:3 material looks good.

Then there is Disney. This company has at least 4 major family networks which are suppose to be HD. They are horrible. Is the cost the issue? Maybe the market isn't big enough? What is the percentage of HD viewers?

Also, MTV and VH1 HD. These are really sad too.

I just can't understand why SciFi (SciFi folks) can do a good job and Disney can't.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
swans said:
As an aside from the discussion of the new HD rollout, I thought I would get some opinion on why HD content is lacking.

To start, as an example of excellent (JMHO) HD presentation I would use SciFi. Everything is presented in a 1080i context even the 4:3 material looks good.

Then there is Disney. This company has at least 4 major family networks which are suppose to be HD. They are horrible. Is the cost the issue? Maybe the market isn't big enough? What is the percentage of HD viewers?

Also, MTV and VH1 HD. These are really sad too.

I just can't understand why SciFi (SciFi folks) can do a good job and Disney can't.
You do realize that Disney includes ESPN and ABC?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.