DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The once-mighty talk-show host, whose eponymous gabfest dominated the airwaves in the era B.O. (Before Oprah), is in talks to return to the tube for a prime-time gig at MSNBC.

Reps for the 66-year-old Donahue confirm he's in negotiations with the cable net to take over the key 8 p.m. slot, but say no deal had been finished yet.

Presumably, Donahue would end his six-year retirement and begin hosting an hourlong show in June, facing off against Fox News' reigning ratings champ, Bill O'Reilly, and CNN's newly acquired Connie Chung, who is expected to launch her show in the coming months.

Full Story

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
I really used to love his talk show (before he was driven out by the other now defunct talk shows). But I wonder if his type of talk show is just "Passe" now??? :shrug:

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
The claim is taht thsi show will not resemble the old one. Taht it wil be a one on one interview show with no studio audience.

Remeber Donahue "fell into" that format. He hosted a Dayton, OH talk show and the audience jumped into an interview with atheist Madelyn Murray O'Hare. afterwards the producers thought they had something. and as it turns out they were right.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,026 Posts
I think he'll be able to attract some heavy hitters to his show. And he's good at tackling tough issues without degrading or shouting at his guests (well the audience is another story).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts