DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fromer Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I read that the movie changed the bad guys from Arabs to neo-Nazi Europeans from Clancy's book. What's up with that? The hat sure fits the Arabs after 9/11. Was this movie pre-9/11 and a propaganda piece that now looks stupid?

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
this would upset me if it wasn't for the fact that you can't kick "eurotrash" enough...lol

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Maybe they were trying to make the point that the threat could come from anywhere---even an unexpected source. And right now a fanatical Arab leader would NOT be unexpected.

Of course many of us know that some members of the far right is as fanatical as any foreign leader.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
It looks like they change the whole Nuclear affect (by looking at the trailers) has changed.

SPOILER!!!!! for several Tom Clancy books and the movie...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
In the book, the bomb was not properly finished and only killed everyone in the immediate vicinity of the superbowl (60,000 people, similar #s to hiroshima) In the movie it looks like the bomb does what it was designed to do (they show the scene with the hospital floor being wiped out, etc in the trailer)

I've found that I dislike all every Tom Clancy book made into a movie, just because the movies can't cover the detail that clancy gives. And it has to be "Dumbed Down" for the average viewer.

Odd thing is the Book about the war with Japan (which ends the Japanese pilot flying a 747 into the capital) will probably never be made. Prior to a year ago, it was considered quite a silly and unrealistic incident, now of course we learned that Clancy 's imagination isn't so wild.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
This PC crap has gone far beyond logical, and the neo-nazis are being given far too much credit for smarts. Just making the conscience choice to become a so-called 'neo-nazi' presumes extreme stupidity.

Let us call a spade a spade, and an Arab/Muslim terrorist an Arab/Muslim terrorist. (See related post on profiling.)

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Sure they can, and the towel-heads will turn it into an al queda training film.

Nickster :smoking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.