DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Legend
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days have passed, I'd maybe want to at least give it a try and go back to the farm to check and see if the walkers had moved on out.

They'd really have to fortify the area around the house though to keep another wave of them out and disguise it somehow from gangs like Randall was in. One problem is that they'd have to pray to get the job completely finished before either happened.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
I would head back to, if nothing else to see if that woman (not good with names) survived. I've always felt, however, that that house was a poor place to stay long term.

They need to live somewhere fortified. A jail (is that what was in the final scene?), a bunker, maybe even a houseboat parked off shore.

· Hall Of Fame
2,064 Posts
In the final pull back at the end of the episode that sure looked like a prison. As long as it's not already full of walkers, that would be a good place to hold up...secure, fortified walls, etc.

However, given the pace at which it seems things fell apart, I'd expect a prison to have a walker in every cell.

· Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,262 Posts
"Titan25" said:
In the final pull back at the end of the episode that sure looked like a prison. As long as it's not already full of walkers, that would be a good place to hold up...secure, fortified walls, etc.

However, given the pace at which it seems things fell apart, I'd expect a prison to have a walker in every cell.
I don't think the prison will have Walkers shuffling about freely. I do believe it contains a group of people worse, maybe Randall's people, or the Hooded One's
(Michonne) group.

· Icon
623 Posts
Great finale, one thing that always bothers me is why no one is smart enough to get on a roof. The walkers can't climb, I kind of doubt they can even go up stairs. All you'd have to do is get on the roof of the house, hay loft in the barn or even the top of the RV at the time they had it and wait for them to move on. Conversely you should also be safe in a basement with a large locked steel door and no windows. Couple peep holes is all you would need to see when they pass.

Thinking about protecting the house you'd think just digging a 4' deep and say 8' wide trench around whatever you wanted to stay safe would keep all the walkers away or at least trapped in the trench. Have one draw bridge on your dry mote to get yourself across.

· Legend
203 Posts
I have the comics and they are great! The story differs slightly from the show, different characters exist in the comics and ones that are on the show are not in the comics. The Shane arc is also different in the comics...etc.. I would recommend them.

· Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
"Galaxie6411" said:
Great finale, one thing that always bothers me is why no one is smart enough to get on a roof. The walkers can't climb, I kind of doubt they can even go up stairs. All you'd have to do is get on the roof of the house, hay loft in the barn or even the top of the RV at the time they had it and wait for them to move on. Conversely you should also be safe in a basement with a large locked steel door and no windows. Couple peep holes is all you would need to see when they pass.

Thinking about protecting the house you'd think just digging a 4' deep and say 8' wide trench around whatever you wanted to stay safe would keep all the walkers away or at least trapped in the trench. Have one draw bridge on your dry mote to get yourself across.
Problem with the roof theory is that I don't think the walkers would move on if they could see you. You could easily die from exposure or thirst while waiting for them to move on.

I was definitely disappointed with their overall lack of fortifications.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
"Drucifer" said:
Who's in the copter is my question.
I think that was just to show us how that one here started. That might be the very same helicopter that Rick had seen in season 1.

- Merg

· Icon
678 Posts
bwood100 said:
I don't think the prison will have Walkers shuffling about freely.
If the show plans on being more like the comic then your dead wrong ;)

Semi comic spoilers, nothing huge or plot related, more about characters and scenery.

The final shot in the finale is indeed of a prison, or as fans of the comics say "The prison" , the prison plays a major point in the comics alot of things change and alot of people change in this arc in the comics, some for better and some for the worse. Ricks actions in the final part of the episode hint at what hes like in the comics through out the Prison arc.
I can imagine the show spending more then a season at the prison, in the comics they spent all of 2 or 3 issues on hershels farm and it wasnt as significant as it was in the show. In the comics they spend all of loris pregnancy and several more months in the prison. So if the show follows the prison and prison redux arcs expect them to hunker down for a long time. Atleast till they encouter the Governor :(

When they first arrive on the prison, it is actually inhabited by several zombies. Its not a huge herd but enough to pose a minor threat. The team is able to take them down pretty quickly. The inside of the prison is also for the most part infested with zombies, but are quickly taken down with in the span of a day in the comics.
Among the zombie inhabitants there are actually prisoner survivors as well. I wont spoil if they have changed there ways or are still worthy of being imprisoned though.

I think that was just to show us how that one here started. That might be the very same helicopter that Rick had seen in season 1.

- Merg
It is the same helicopter, and i suspect it may make another appearance (or atleast another helicopter will for sure) in season 3.
Frank Darabont and the crew of the show meant for several things in the first episode to actually have alot of significance through out the first two seasons.

For instance Ricks grenade that he uses to save everyone at the CDC, Frank Darabont originally planned a prequel episode about that very grenade. It was to take place in atlanta as its being over run starring the zombie in the tank in the pilot. It was supposed to cover his station in atlanta up until he gets bitten and crawls into the tank, the episode ending as he holds onto the grenade and contemplates pulling the pin.
Of course AMC said no and later fired frank lol.
The grenade, the helicopter and supposedly a few more things from the pilot episode will pop up here and there through out the series, so keep your eyes peeled :D

For those of you interested in the Comics, definitely go for it they are a great read. If you have a droid or iphone download the comixology app and you can buy and download the issues and volumes straight to your phone. Each volume is like 10$ and covers 5 issues if i remember correctly which is a good deal considering issues are 3$ each usually.

Though if you do plan on getting into the comics just be warned Kirkman (creator of the comic and producer on the show) is not one to get attached to characters. People you are a fan of will die or be mamed horribly and people you thought would never get killed off do indeed get killed off. Even though the show is fairly different from the comic the comic is a good way to spoil certain events in the show (everyone who read the comic honestly didnt believe there eyes when shane made it past season 1). So if you dont want to find out who will eventually die in the show you may want to stay away from the comic or only read it up till just before the prison arc ;)

· Hall Of Fame
2,064 Posts
I have to say, a few large caliber machine guns would also come in real handy. In all their travels around Georgia they haven't come upon any gun shops.

· Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
Titan25 said:
I have to say, a few large caliber machine guns would also come in real handy. In all their travels around Georgia they haven't come upon any gun shops.
At some point ammo is going to become an issue. My guess is that as the outbreak spread, a whole lot of ammo was used. I would think that gun shops were the first places looted, too. I thought they were crazy wasting as much ammo as they did trying to protect the obviously unprotectable farm. Save your ammo for what you'll end up needing it for....other people.

· Legend
217 Posts
navy8ball said:
a safe haven would be an nuke powered aircraft carrier.
Exactly. What happened to our military? Wiped out? Ships? Subs? Finding some more weapons and ammo should now be a priority.

And why are they hanging around just outside of Atlanta near a heavily populated area of the south. They should be heading for the mountains or the coast.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.