DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain the ending to me?

I must have missed something (spoiler following)

How did Shane become a zombie?

I don't think he was ever bitten, and if he was, why didn't turn into one when he was alive?

How can he talk coherently one minute, die and then become a zombie the next minute?

11 Posts
could be air borne? not too sure about that one. waiting to see how it will play out. My first thought was there was something about the water at the farm, but then my husband pointed out the guy that was hanging in the tree and the cops that did not have bites on them.

· Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a couple of things online that speculates that it's air borne as well.

it will be interesting to see how that affects the baby later.

I would have liked to see Shane survive. Maybe he would have came back in a future season where he was in charge of a different group. Maybe a group that comes into conflict with this one. Might have been interesting. At least his character wasn't that predictable.

· Legend
156 Posts
Don't forget about Randall - the prisoner Shane took into the woods. Daryl and Glenn found him as a walker with no bites, just a broken neck. But also remember, he had nasty lesions on his wrists from trying to escape. Shane also just smashed his own face into the tree drawing blood.
Looks like it could be very dangerous to have a cut in that world.

· Mentor
44 Posts
In season 1 when they were at the CDC, the doctor whispered something in Rick's ear before they left. If you listen very closely, you can here him say "we all have it" or something like that. So, everyone turns into a zombie no matter how they die. Big question is still.... why?

· Icon
1,029 Posts
I'm agree with the airborne theory as well.

As fas as the episode is concerned, all I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the series I fell in love with back in Season 1. I just hope they keep it up next week and into Season 3. I couldn't stand the 1st 1/2 of S2 and would be very disappointed of S3 goes back to that.

· Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
Apparently a lot will be revealed next week (regarding what Jenner whispered to Rick). Next week is going to be an action packed episode. Not everyone is going to survive the approaching herd of zombies headed their way.

· Legend
223 Posts
garddog32 said:
In season 1 when they were at the CDC, the doctor whispered something in Rick's ear before they left. If you listen very closely, you can here him say "we all have it" or something like that. So, everyone turns into a zombie no matter how they die. Big question is still.... why?
If it weren't for that, I would have thought it was the knife (the same one where he killed the one at the fence a couple episodes ago) not being sterile. But then that would leave Randall, who didn't have any marks on him.

· HarpoonIPA
1,834 Posts
sean10780 said:
My question is, where did all those zombies headed there way come from? They have only shown a few throughout the last few episodes wondering through the woods.
There was a huge herd of them that passed right by them on the highway at the beginning of this season. I would assume there are herds across the whole area they are in.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
One theory among my co-workers regarding Shane was how while trapped in the bus he cut his hand with his knife. That is the same knife he had killed walkers with, so by using the contaminated knife, he infected himself. So, when he died, he came back.

Doesn't really account for Randall though...

- Merg

· Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Galaxie6411 said:
I think it proves that everyone is infected and unless shot in the head when alive they will come back a walker and apparently very quickly.
if true, I wonder if it is possible that the infection affects people somehow while they are still alive?

Shane seemed to get more and more messed up.

Maybe it makes people more aggressive?

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
garddog32 said:
I think that would only happen if the baby happened to die before it was born.
If we are using Dawn of the Dead rules, if she is infected, the baby is born infected. Which means it is in the womb infected. But in Dawn of the Dead, she had already turned, and dead don't eat dead.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.